Mich. cop shot 5 times tells off judge

This is a discussion on Mich. cop shot 5 times tells off judge within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; - This kind of stuff can get the blood boiling, but getting the word out about these types of judges seems more important. To say ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Mich. cop shot 5 times tells off judge

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar

Angry Mich. cop shot 5 times tells off judge

-
    This kind of stuff can get the blood boiling, but getting the word out about these types of judges seems more important. To say that this was a travesty of justice doesn't even begin to properly describe the situation.

Mich. cop shot 5 times tells off judge - PoliceOne.com
    sigs likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

2. Remove Ads

This had a thread running a couple of months ago....I think the LEO is out of line. He was not in uniform, not on duty. Why should a criminal get a harsher sentence because he is a LEO? He should get a harsh sentence period.

Here is the link to the other thread running:
    Shoot a LEO in the D, get "only" 14 yrs.

deleted.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    This kind of stuff can get the blood boiling, but getting the word out about these types of judges seems more important. To say that this was a travesty of justice doesn't even begin to properly describe the situation.

+1

This judge needs to be sent to the unemployment line.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

in a couple of years a better killer will be on the street

The defendant's mother claimed "He's innocent, but he pleaded guilty because he knew nobody would take his word over a police officer." Though the victim claimed he had shot the defendant three times during the attack.

Q: Anyone know if the attacker had been shot/treated? Seems that would answer the question of whether li'l Johnnie was there or not.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    LEO or not, I think any victim would be enraged by such a sentence.

There are times for decorum in the court. And there are times that the victims should be heard. This was a case of the latter.

Where is Judge Roy Bean when you need him?
    ctr and msgt/ret like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Why is it that when someone attempts to murder but fails they are given a lesser punishment than someone who succeeds?

In many cases the intent of the accused determines the severity of the charges against him/her.

In this case the fact the victim was a leo should have no bearing on the punishment.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    This had a thread running a couple of months ago....I think the LEO is out of line. He was not in uniform, not on duty. Why should a criminal get a harsher sentence because he is a LEO? He should get a harsh sentence period.
    Here is the link to the other thread running:
    Shoot a LEO in the D, get "only" 14 yrs.

^^^^^^^Baloney^^^^^^^

This knuckledragger should have recieved 25-40.
    He will be out in 5 years or so .Even with the 2 yr. mandatory commission of a felony with a firearm

That is what the officer is complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The defendant's mother claimed "He's innocent, but he pleaded guilty because he knew nobody would take his word over a police officer." Though the victim claimed he had shot the defendant three times during the attack.

Q: Anyone know if the attacker had been shot/treated? Seems that would answer the question of whether li'l Johnnie was there or not.

According to the article it sounded like it, although it never really confirms it, other than what the officer said....

from article;

I don't know if he was going to shoot me again, so I pulled out my gun and shot him three times."
    While that gunfight raged, Matthews said he believes friends of Proctor opened fire on the officer. "I was hiding behind a street pole," Matthews said.

Matthews said he received death threats, and that police put a detail outside his east-side home for several weeks.

"I just can't figure how someone who tries to kill a police officer can be walking the streets in a few years," he said. "This is our criminal justice system."
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Some folks wonder why there are so many young violent offenders, flash mobs and the like. Not me. The criminal hustice system coddles the offender. I think the Leo was on the money.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; July 18th, 2012 at 12:10 AM.

We have a lot of liberals in this state. Tough on crime when they need the votes.
    msgt/ret and Yankeejib like this.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    So he does 5-10 years and get out early because he was good only to do the same thing again..... nice.....
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

VIP Member
    That is one judge that deserves to be removed from the bench, either impeach him or vote him out whatever it takes.
    mprp likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Maybe he needed more range time, if he shot the BG 3 times at close range.... amazing he's still walking into court to get a sentence by a Judge.

It seems more and more , people who try to kill or nearly kill their victims, do less time than a lot of other non--violent crimes.

The only relevance I saw relating to him being a police officer is, that he ID'd himself as one, and then the guy tried to shoot him. Did the shoot because he was a police officer ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links