Armed Security: Liability Carrying Your Own Firearm? - Page 2

Armed Security: Liability Carrying Your Own Firearm?

This is a discussion on Armed Security: Liability Carrying Your Own Firearm? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thank you all for your replies they are much appreciated. I would have responded sooner but this phone is just too much of a pain ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Armed Security: Liability Carrying Your Own Firearm?

Thank you all for your replies they are much appreciated. I would have responded sooner but this phone is just too much of a pain in the six too keep up on a web forum.

Anyways, I have deffinatley considered looking in to some better insurance policies for myself. My responsability in EMS is much greater here than Connecticut so mal-practice insurance has already been on my mind.

I feel more enlightened now on my weapon vs theirs and it makes more sense now.

Memphisman, Im in Shelby county so I will definatley drop you a message with a few questions. Thank you.
    Last edited by Ionracas; July 25th, 2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: edited for grammar but I probably missed something else
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

You're welcome and I enjoyed reading all the comments on your question.

Wishing all of you the best...

Be safe!

Terry

The company i work for issues firearms, but they are really beat up old Beretta 92F's. Most officers opt to carry their own firearm. In their own holster, With their own ammo. Only because of personal preference and accuracy between weapons. Some carry Glocks, Sigs, Beretta's, different 1911 platforms.

Then again our company has promised to replace or give a loaner for any firearm that is damaged or seized by LE if in fact there is a officer involved shooting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links