Bloomberg suggests cops go on strike nationwide

This is a discussion on Bloomberg suggests cops go on strike nationwide within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; And just how many police were killed in Aurora? And in general, how many are killed by people lawfully carrying guns? I mean no disrespect ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Bloomberg suggests cops go on strike nationwide

And just how many police were killed in Aurora?

And in general, how many are killed by people lawfully carrying guns?

I mean no disrespect to LEOs, but every time I hear the phrase "for officer safety" I want to scream. Cops are carrying multiple weapons, many wear vest full time, they have radio contact for backup, in many cases always show up in twos and threes.

WHAT ABOUT CITIZEN SAFETY? We want to go home to our families every day just the same.

And just how many crimes have been averted by the gun laws already on the books? Did Bloomy skip the chapter on Prohibition when he took history class? How well did that work out? How well has the War on Drugs worked out? Why don't nutjob shooters ever go after the likes of a Bloomingidiot or Feinstein? Oh, wait, they have taxpayer provided armed security, don't they?

Sorry, got a little ranty there. I'm calm now.

Will the people of NYC please put a leash on their bozo mayor? Please!
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

2. Remove Ads

I don't think a strike would be a good idea....however....I think plenty of them need a good vacation. Paid vacation BTW.
    Last edited by Ram Rod; July 24th, 2012 at 07:21 PM.
    Rock and Glock and suntzu like this.

Distinguished Member

Bloomberg backpedaling

Must have realized his protection detail would disappear...

It's ashame so many people who despise the founding principals of our country get elected to public office.
    64zebra likes this.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --George Washington

I always knew VILLAGES had IDIOTS, now it seems CITIES have them also!
    Spirit51 and 64zebra like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Two thoughts...

One... If the public is disarmed from owning legal firearms... In the interest of officer safety. How long do you think it would be before there are cries to disarm the police... after all the people have no guns... why do the police need them? See how well it works in england? After all Sharia law aint so bad.

Two... The police in NY have struck. Twice in fact. One was a walkout, the others was the Blue flu where most of the department on patrol called in sick.

King Bloomberg needs to put his own house in order before suggesting what anyone else should do in their communities. In the 1980's, and 90's the NYPD Enjoyed the best relationship with all NY's communities and was respected world wide. The NYPD pionered crime fighting methods that actually reduced crime, and benifit the decent hard working NY's. With the election of some snidely politicians, and their appointing yes man comissioners they have squandered all the good work of good men and women in the NYPD fought and sometimes died for. This latest incarnation and his (here's one from the past) running dog lackey of a P/C have turned the department into a tribe of Us vs Them child solders at war with certain communities. They abuse the few laws written to protect the individual officers, and turned it into a revenue stream. They have ligitimized practices long ago abandon by the likes of bull connors. It seems that the only civil rights enjoyed by NY's are those endowed by KING BLOOMBURG!
    But I dont mean any of that in a bad way.

OK sorry for the rant... But I hate seeing my home town turned into what is in sum and substance an internman camp. Where only the monied can enjoy life without the heavy hand of government.

Again I dont mean any of this in a bad way...
    64zebra likes this.

He should be charged with treason and inciting terrorism.
    I emailed the governor.
    --Jason--

Bloomberg needs to grab a soda and chill out. Oh wait, he's trying to enact soda control laws too. Idiot.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I'd suggest the cops give him a bastinado and then strap him to a parilla.
    Last edited by Jason Storm; July 25th, 2012 at 07:31 AM.

Oh, he didn't mean they should literally go on strike. He meant they should figuratively go on strike, I guess. It all makes perfect sense now that he has clarified his asinine statement with a moronic backpedal.
    64zebra likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    What is this guy the self appointed Mayor of the US now? Or did I just miss that election.

Senior Moderator
    That man has a gigantic ego if he thinks that cops in Arkansas arent laughing at his silly yankee comments.
    Rock and Glock and 64zebra like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    What is this guy the self appointed Mayor of the US now? Or did I just miss that election.
    There are no elections in self-appointments. Come on, man!
    sid1 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I don't have any problem with most cops. They are mostly good guys trying to do a tough job. However, if they should all decide to take a couple of weeks off like Bloomberg suggests, I'm OK with that.

No doubt that polite society would take a bit of a hit if the cops weren't there to protect those who refuse to protect themselves from the bad guys. Doesn't really matter much to me. I have more than enough hardware to make sure me and mine stay safe from harm, and the polite society gene pool could probably stand a good cleaning anyway.

So go ahead and strike. It'll be kind of fun to watch.
    paramedic70002 likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    That man has a gigantic ego if he thinks that cops in Arkansas arent laughing at his silly yankee comments.
    "silly yankee comments" ?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links