Bloomberg suggests cops go on strike nationwide

This is a discussion on Bloomberg suggests cops go on strike nationwide within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bloomberg suggests cops go on strike nationwide - New York News | New York Breaking News | NYC Headlines Bloomberg suggests cops go on strike ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Bloomberg suggests cops go on strike nationwide

VIP Member

Thumbs down Bloomberg suggests cops go on strike nationwide

Bloomberg suggests cops go on strike nationwide - New York News | New York Breaking News | NYC Headlines

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 8:22 AM EDT Updated: Jul 24, 2012 8:33 AM EDT

By MYFOX NEW YORK STAFF

MYFOXNY.COM -

New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg suggested cops across the country go on strike to protest gun control laws.

Appearing on the Piers Morgan show on Monday night, he said, "I don't understand why police officers across this country don't stand up collectively and say we're going to go on strike, we're not going to protect you unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe."

SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    he wastes valuable oxygen that normal people could be breathing when he speaks.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

VIP Member
    Thats going to solve our problems.

"I don't understand why police officers across this country don't stand up collectively and say we're going to go on strike, we're not going to protect you unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe."
    If he was truly sincere about doing what was needed to keep government employees safe he would be telling the police to demand that all rights are given up.

Michael

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Great solution. More people will be carrying guns if there are no police around.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Great solution. More people will be carrying guns if there are no police around.
    No joke. The police department around here goes on strike and I'm slinging a shotgun. The cops are on strike, they won't arrest me obviously. When they come back I'll stop.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    The police department around here goes on strike and I'm slinging a shotgun. The cops are on strike, they won't arrest me obviously..
    I will go with my 18" ar-15 or M1A

Well I don't have a rifle. I wish.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Appearing on the Piers Morgan show on Monday night, he said, "I don't understand why police officers across this country don't stand up collectively and say we're going to go on strike, we're not going to protect you unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe."
    This is one idiotic statement to say the least. A: It is NOT the duty of the Police to "protect" individuals, the SCOTUS said so

B: WE the People do not have the "duty" to protect the Police.

This guy is so full of.........nevermind.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Well I don't have a rifle.
    yep

So he is advocating they go on strike in violation of law? I am sure he will be right there with them on the picket line. Right.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    So he is advocating they go on strike in violation of law? I am sure he will be right there with them on the picket line. Right.
    I'm sure he will have armed protection personel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Its not a violation of the law when someone representing the government does it.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    A: It is NOT the duty of the Police to "protect" the public at large, the SCOTUS said so
    SCOTUS said they have no obligation to protect individuals.
    My blog

Nyc mayor !!!! Unbelievable

Bloomberg tells cops to go on strike for expanded gun-control laws « Hot Air

I have heard it all !!! What a freakin IDIOT !!!!!!! So take guns from all the good people so only the thugs have them ?? ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT !!! Let them strike in NYC and watch it burn
    "Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." Nehemiah 4:14

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links