Homeland security and ICE

This is a discussion on Homeland security and ICE within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is a video of some excerpts from a conference with Senator Sessions (TX): ICE agent Chris Crane is President of the National Immigration and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Homeland security and ICE

Post Homeland security and ICE

This is a video of some excerpts from a conference with Senator Sessions (TX):

ICE agent Chris Crane is President of the National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council, the union representing America's more than 7,000 ICE agents and personnel. Border Patrol agent George McCubbin, III is President of the National Border Patrol Council, the union representing America's more than 17,000 border agents and personnel.
    Top Immigration Officials Describe Border Chaos Resulting From Admin's Amnesty Policy - YouTube

I am posting this as a comment on HS and personal security matters, and as a reminder for all of us to be particularly careful in our daily activities. Illustrates the argument that AZ may have a better idea with their law, and maybe some border states should follow suit?

Do NOT turn this into a political thread, or I'll be passing out prizes.
    ExSoldier likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Well, they can just do away with those two departments and look at the money they'll save. They'll need it to provide all of the needs of these new "citizens"!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Scary but not surprising.

That is part of why I retired. They put the fox in charge of the hen house. I worked with George in El Paso, I hope he can make a difference.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

I think our southern border was in better hands when Charlie Askins was guarding it. One can question his methods, but not his effectiveness.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Unbelievable....... almost.

At least these agents have the fortitude and constitution to stand up and tell it how it is.......
    Rock and Glock and Bad Bob like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I can't wait til november,hopefully there will be a lot of changes for the good,up to and including a purge of all the illegals from within our borders,Asians,Hispanics,Middle Eastern,Russian,etc
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    It's refreshing to hear them being called by the correct term, "illegals", and not the politically correct "undocumented". It's the same problem we see not only in the Federal government, but also in city and state government. The people at the top spew out crap without regard to the people on the street under them. A mayor and his political appointee will stand and tell everyone how the "department" backs a policy, but the rank and file says it's stupid and sucks.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The current administration wants those Hispanic votes, and this is how they do it.

I live in Texas, fortunately not near the border being in Austin, but the Drug Cartels are flooding our Texas cities with their gang members and affiliates, and if we actually do round them up and catch them, and they get immediately released, what is the point in having laws and a border anyway?

It seems that Washington DC will not be happy until they give the illegals their own country of Aztlan carved out of Texas, New Mexico and the other far southwestern states, and I am sure our commander in chief feels that Texas was bad for stealing all that land from Mexico in 1836 anyway.
    ExSoldier likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

As far as Mexico is concerned; You need to understand, they feel that after that little misunderstanding at the Alamo, we stole a huge portion of their country, and they want it back.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Homeland Security isn't.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

November needs to come and people need to vote.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; July 29th, 2012 at 10:19 AM.

Exclamation I feel sorry for those living near the borders....

The land owners are being murdered and family members raped frequently, those especially whose land is acting as the invasion highways. If they try to defend themselves they are frequently harassed by the feds (rarely by the local leo's though who understand the real issues) and they're badly outgunned anyway by the cartels. Their cattle are slaughtered for food and the pollution of the land by the human refuse and by products of illegal entry ranging from tainted groundwater to hypodermic needles used by the addicts either in the trafficker ranks or those they're smuggling can carry AIDS or other diseases. What a risk to the women and children who call these ranches home! I mean, how exactly could you as a land owner of some substantial piece of land (say a thousand acres or more) hope to secure your land and therefore prevent your own family from being victimized by an invading force? Forget the politics, that part's obvious. What about the security issues? Do you train your kids to handle a gun in self defense? How young, if so? Do you prep them to take a human life? How do you do that without the potential for everlasting trauma? How does the wife feel about that? Do you ever let them ( young kids) out of your sight? How could you, even in the yard next to the home? What about the older kids, teenagers able to drive? What if you have daughters? What kind of passive measures can you take? A dog is great but easily neutralized. It's enough to drive anybody nuts!

Okay assuming that it's next January and a regime has been replaced, how does the incoming administration act to help these folks out? My suggestions would be to do the following:

1. Issue all landowners military radios and show them how to use them. Have them act as the forward observers for the military forces stationed all along the border. Have Quick Reaction forces with helicopter support stationed within an easy flight from a series of ranches and include both troop carriers and gunships. Issue appropriate ROE that allows for standard law enforcement operations to be carried out but also allows for deadly force if it's offered on US soil by any foreign national.

2. Begin aggressive patrolling operations along the entire border until a substantial border obstacle can be built. Fence, wall or combination of the two with a clear no-man's land in the middle covered by both electronics and dogs -- I'll draw the line at mines, for now. Pull the troops out of Europe to handle these duties. NATO countries can take care of themselves on their own soil. We need to get out of Europe, so they can stop spitting on us while raking in our dollars. Give the troops that have been fighting the wars a break for awhile and let the former USAEUR do some time doing exactly what the US Constitution says is their job: Defense of our borders. Eventually something will need to be done that is similar along the northern border as well, but the more pressing issue is the Mexican border.

3. Warn the Mexican Government that any incursion by Mexican soldiers onto US soil operating in support of either drug or human trafficking will be considered hostile action and the troops will be taken under fire. This has happened over 200 times in the last ten years. 200 times actual Mexican soldiers have invaded US soil and the ROE for federal law enforcement has to been literally "run and hide!" It was true for the Bush administration, too!
    Last edited by ExSoldier; July 29th, 2012 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Add data
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    As far as Mexico is concerned; You need to understand, they feel that after that little misunderstanding at the Alamo, we stole a huge portion of their country, and they want it back.
    I can absolutely understand how Mexican citizens might feel that way, but such is the way of the world and possession of land over time, and as soon as they give their country back to the original natives the Spaniards took it from, I will happily discuss that with those native tribes. Actually, I will discuss Texas annexing them.

In the mean time, as my dad use to say, "Don't make me come down there and FIX your problem!!!"
    sotxrdr likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    The land owners are being murdered and family members raped frequently, those especially whose land is acting as the invasion highways. If they try to defend themselves they are frequently harassed by the feds (rarely by the local leo's though who understand the real issues) and they're badly outgunned anyway by the cartels. Their cattle are slaughtered for food and the pollution of the land by the human refuse and by products of illegal entry ranging from tainted groundwater to hypodermic needles used by the addicts either in the trafficker ranks or those they're smuggling can carry AIDS or other diseases. What a risk to the women and children who call these ranches home! I mean, how exactly could you as a land owner of some substantial piece of land (say a thousand acres or more) hope to secure your land and therefore prevent your own family from being victimized by an invading force? Forget the politics, that part's obvious. What about the security issues? Do you train your kids to handle a gun in self defense? How young, if so? Do you prep them to take a human life? How do you do that without the potential for everlasting trauma? How does the wife feel about that? Do you ever let them ( young kids) out of your sight? How could you, even in the yard next to the home? What about the older kids, teenagers able to drive? What if you have daughters? What kind of passive measures can you take? A dog is great but easily neutralized. It's enough to drive anybody nuts! .....................
    "snip"
    3. Warn the Mexican Government that any incursion by Mexican soldiers onto US soil operating in support of either drug or human trafficking will be considered hostile action and the troops will be taken under fire. This has happened over 200 times in the last ten years. 200 times actual Mexican soldiers have invaded US soil and the ROE for federal law enforcement has to been literally "run and hide!" It was true for the Bush administration, too!
    I lived near Flatonia, Texas when Angel Maturino Reséndiz, the "Railway Killer" was active, and at that time, you saw that even grannies and grandpas were carrying rifles and pistols to church and going grocery shopping until he was caught.

Most Texans still have what the founding fathers had, which is a strong case of, "We WILL protect our own," mentality and fortunately we still have the guns and laws to do that.

And a little known fact is that a lot of ranchers in South Texas grew up as childhood friends of the local Sheriffs, so getting them to ok and sign a Federal Firearms License for to own fully automatic weapons is not really that hard, so those ranchers CAN have the firepower to repulse assaults if necessary, but when you are the only person around for 10 miles, it can get mighty lonely waiting for any backup from the local LE agencies. People who grow up in the cities and suburbs really have no clue what it is like to live out there so far from help if needed, riding farm equipment and seeing hordes of illegals trashing your land and knowing if you try to do anything about it, you will be sued and probably lose, the American Feds will come after you legally, and God help you if you shoot at them, because they will lie and you be looking at being charged with a crime.

And the problem with the Drug Cartels is that they will dress as Mexican Federales, use military vehicles and such, and cross the border to protect their drug deliveries in areas where the border is unclear without a really good GPS. Usually the Border Patrol and Local LE Agencies figure out that it is the Drug Cartel and not actual Federales when they get opened up on with machine guns and such. And as corrupt as the government is down there, they might actually be Federales, just working for the Drug Cartels for their extra jobs.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links