U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow

This is a discussion on U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Government is the real Terrorist Threat to our Safety & Freedom IMO now days mad on power they have taken with the help of a ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow

Government is the real Terrorist Threat to our Safety & Freedom IMO now days mad on power they have taken with the help of a corrupt system at every chance they get. We are unfortunately heading in a bad direction & the Government is trying to prepare to hold on to the power they have taken by any means necessary even if it means pre-meditated Mass Murder of its on citizens. Our Government doesn't care that they are supposed to work for us not against us & the Constitution of the United States.
    TN_Mike and mg27 like this.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Nothing new, every branch of the service has riot gear, and has for years.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Nothing new, every branch of the service has riot gear, and has for years.
    But....But.... But the DHS order is enough to equip THREE GUYS IN EVERY STATE!!!!!!!!! If they turned on us how could we resist?
    Sig 210 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Riots in Florida stop at 8:00 pm...that's lights out at the retirement communities.
    Rock and Glock and TN_Mike like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Actually, riots in Florida stop at 4:00 pm. It's "early bird" at all the best restaurants and you have to get there early enough to get a good handicapped parking place and a table in the back with room for walkers and wheelchairs.

Seriously, I'm more concerned with the military going door to door confiscating guns from law abiding citizens like they did in New Orleans during Katrina. Give up your guns or die!
    Rock and Glock, BugDude and mg27 like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    If Bloomber convinces Obummer we need to ban Bacon, Im ganna go mess some stuff up.

Seriously though, Im guessing scare tactics. Let the sheep think there is danger so they will follow.
    I'm too busy hoarding super-sized sodas to sweat the small stuff.
    Ionracas and pgrass101 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    Actually, riots in Florida stop at 4:00 pm. It's "early bird" at all the best restaurants and you have to get there early enough to get a good handicapped parking place and a table in the back with room for walkers and wheelchairs.

Seriously, I'm more concerned with the military going door to door confiscating guns from law abiding citizens like they did in New Orleans during Katrina. Give up your guns or die!
    Well if its cake or death Ill choose cake but give up my guns or death? Either way sounds like death too me so Ill die I guess.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Despite the spin put on this small order, who here would be surprised if a riot did happen regardless of who wins the vote?
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    No kidding. I go to a little local cafe that has all you can eat crab legs for $14 on Wednesdays and Fridays. I can never beat the early bird crowd. Standing room only, and when a table clears out it's like an Olympic foot race. They've all got 25 years on me, so I'm in good shape unless one of them is hovering. I'm not certain, but I think one of them tried to fake a seizure last Wednesday to get a table.

Florida riots consist of mature folks chunking bottles of Geritol and yelling "Heck no, we can't go. Heck no, we can't go!"
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I wish we had riot gear in Somalia. Our only choices were butt stroke to the head, or shoot them...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Riot gear is for LEOs, and the military is not a LEO agency... If they use the riot gear for training people who are going to be working at embassies overseas, that is one thing. However, if they are going to use it domestically, that is a huge problem, IMO. Military drones have already been used for LEO functions, from there it is a slippery slope.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Well, I have dug into this further and I have to admit, Alex Jones is a nut. Wow, what a nut.

So yeah, I have to say, I will not even read anything from Infowars anymore. What a nut.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Probably some scare tactics doo-doo dreamed up by some of those "sovereign citizen" folks, looking to get the populace stirred up against the government.
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Well, I have dug into this further and I have to admit, Alex Jones in a nut. Wow, what a nut.

So yeah, I have to say, I will not even read anything from Infowars anymore. What a nut.
    you can watch Info Wars online.....I put it on my TV when working out...sometimes I need a good laugh

Administrator
    My take on Alex Jones is that it's better to have people that will question everything that Govt does even if it turns out not to be 100% factual.

It is better to have at least a few people doing that than to have everybody not paying any attention at all.

That (of course) is just my personal opinion.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links