U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow - Page 3

U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow

This is a discussion on U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by TN_Mike Read the article and tell me this isn't getting scary. Homeland Security is already saying they expect civil unrest prior to ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Read the article and tell me this isn't getting scary. Homeland Security is already saying they expect civil unrest prior to the Presidential election in November. What does that mean? Protests at the conventions? Or all out riots if the current administration does not win again? Or riots if they do?

When did America come to the point that the government would openly plan of violating Posse Comitatus?

I realize this comes from Infowars.com so I am willing to entertain the notion that this may all be hyperbole. What do you think?

» U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    Moral of the story: Don't riot.

Seriously there's nothing to riot about in the US right now. Just relax.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    My take on Alex Jones is that it's better to have people that will question everything that Govt does even if it turns out not to be 100% factual.

It is better to have at least a few people doing that than to have everybody not paying any attention at all.

That (of course) is just my personal opinion.
    Folks question the government here all the time and for the most part don't have 20 lbs of tinfoil wrapped around their head. The problem (if any) about Mr. Jones is that someday he might find aliens in area 51 or Obama was born in Antartica, but nobody will take him seriously because of the boy that cried wolf syndrome. I have seen so much of his stuff as outright lies or skewed and twisted it is laughable......and in my opinion it is much better to question the government and give your readers/listeners facts instead of hyperbole. Makes for a much more interesting and informative exchange of information....and seriously, I do listen to him while working out,,,,just to pass time

That (of course) is just my personal opinion.
    wdbailey and troutkiller like this.

Civil Defense is a listed mission of the US Army. It is carried out thorough the Use of National Guard troops at the early levels due to laws I will not go into now. It is something you should understand. Difference between use of federal troops and a State control force.
    The US Army as an occupation force is also charge with the same mission on foreign soil. So the purchase of such gear is not uncommon and time is allotted form training on those task .
    ( It is however often shorted on time for other training)
    So while I am not overly concerned, This current CC does worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Civil Defense is a listed mission of the US Army. It is carried out thorough the Use of National Guard troops at the early levels due to laws I will not go into now. It is something you should understand. Difference between use of federal troops and a State control force.
    The US Army as an occupation force is also charge with the same mission on foreign soil. So the purchase of such gear is not uncommon and time is allotted form training on those task .
    ( It is however often shorted on time for other training)
    So while I am not overly concerned, This current CC does worry me.
    As opposed to the last one that trashed the Constitution and the 4th Amendment to include all the provisions of the Patriot Act and warrantless wire taps..

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    As opposed to the last one that trashed the Constitution and the 4th Amendment to include all the provisions of the Patriot Act and warrantless wire taps..
    In addition to local PD department buying armored vehicles, M4 carbines, and 50 BMGs with grants from DHS! I forgot the night vision and infraRed scopes!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    IMHO if they start rioting and looting there should be a shoot on sight order
    Many small businesses are ready and willing to protect themselves from looting and will shoot on sight of any threat. They know the police will not protect them in a situation like this and they know it's up to them.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

The US Army, as well as its extension, the Nat'l Guard, have been involved in the past in actions against unrest. Gen MacArthur marched two regiments into the "Bonus Army" camp in D.C. in 1932. Major cities in the 1960's saw the Nat'l Guard called up to quell unrest. US troops protected the Pentagon againstr anti-war marchers in 1967. The Nat'l Guard was called up for campus duty across the country during anti-war demonstrations, including Kent State (we all know how that one went). The Army and the Marines were used in L.A. in 1992. The Guard was out for Katrina. There's more I'm sure.

List of incidents of civil unrest in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, is this anything new?

as a one time active duty mp and 15 years in the army national guard(new jersey) i can tell you that military police have always trained in riot control( i went thru mp school in 1973 before it moved from augusta georgia) and the army national guard goes thru 16 hours riot control a year and they have shields batons etc in the armory

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Im not worried about the Riot suits. When the black Russian helos hit, thats when Ill worry.....

^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^

Who says it will be US troops to do the policing

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    But....But.... But the DHS order is enough to equip THREE GUYS IN EVERY STATE!!!!!!!!! If they turned on us how could we resist?

You guys believe what you want,
    And I'm not saying I'm buying into the conspiracy theories lock stock and barrel, but things like this bear mentioning.

Heres food for thought, from a Canadian News source.
    Preparing for Civil Unrest in America | Global Research
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^

You guys believe what you want,
    And I'm not saying I'm buying into the conspiracy theories lock stock and barrel, but things like this bear mentioning.

Heres food for thought, from a Canadian News source.
    Preparing for Civil Unrest in America | Global Research
    That is not an unbiased "Canadian News Source". From their website:

The Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG) is an independent research and media organization based in Montreal. The CRG is a registered non profit organization in the province of Quebec, Canada.

In addition to the Global Research website, the Centre is involved in book publishing, support to humanitarian projects as well as educational outreach activities including the organization of public conferences and lectures. The Centre also acts as a think tank on crucial economic and geopolitical issues.
    As far as Professor Michel Chossudovsky who wrote the article that in the "news source". Here is some tidbits of wisdom from him:
    In a speech given at the Perdana Global Peace Forum in 2005, Chossudovsky stated that "Osama bin Laden and the Taliban were identified as the prime suspects of the 9/11 attacks, without a shred of evidence" and that "Amply documented, the war on terrorism is a fabrication."[22]
    He has also asserted that the invasion of Afghanistan had long been planned by the United States and NATO, with the 9/11 attacks used as an excuse to justify the war.[
    I have looked at more of his writings (rantings) and IMO he is a conspiracy nut. But you pick your news sources, I will pick mine. But I put this guy and Global Research up there with Alex Jones and and his show as far as accuracy.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Is this saying the Govt is in fear of the people who put them in office and pay for their jobs ? Hummm, that's a rather ironic twist.
    But remember ... according to the latest Dem. ad.... "we all belong to the Govt" .
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^

But if it is not U.S. troops that are going to do the policing why should we care if they buy riot gear?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Yes, it's going to be US Army MPs who do the riot controle.

Army MPs will mess you up. Soldiers acting on lawfull orders cannot be sued, so just understand that if you riot against MPs they are going to brake your body and sleep well at night.

If you riot, you diserve what's coming to you.

No spell-checker with Tapatalk, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    Yes, it's going to be US Army MPs who do the riot controle.

Army MPs will you up. Soldiers acting on lawfull orders cannot be sued, so just understand that if you riot against MPs they are going to brake your body and sleep well at night.

If you riot, you diserve what's coming to you.

Ask our founding fathers about that. There is a place and a time for all things. It is not right now, but that doesnt mean that it wont be right in the future. We have to wait a see. As for your statements above, just plane silly.....
    mlr1m, suntzu and BigCity like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Ask our founding fathers about that.
    As soon as they log in to this forum Ill be happy to.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links