U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow - Page 4

U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow

This is a discussion on U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ArmyMan As soon as they log in to this forum Ill be happy to. No spell-checker with Tapatalk, sorry. Look in your ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    As soon as they log in to this forum Ill be happy to.

No spell-checker with Tapatalk, sorry.
    Look in your history book. I think there was a riot. You do understand that, right? I would hate to go to fast for you.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Look in your history book.
    Implying I own a history book.

Yes, it's going to be US Army MPs who do the riot controle.

Army MPs will you up. Soldiers acting on lawfull orders cannot be sued, so just understand that if you riot against MPs they are going to brake your body and sleep well at night.

If you riot, you diserve what's coming to you.

You seem to have a low opinion of military MP's. Even if they follow lawful orders to disperse riots I am sure they will not be sleeping well at night for "breaking my body" and other Americans that could be righting for food, water, medical care if and when this country goes bankrupt and cannot afford to fufllfill its promises to its citizens.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You seem to have a low opinion of military MP's. Even if they follow lawful orders to disperse riots I am sure they will not be sleeping well at night for "breaking my body" and other Americans that could be righting for food, water, medical care if and when this country goes bankrupt and cannot afford to fufllfill its promises to its citizens.
    I think you've seen to many movies.

I think you've seen to many movies.

Ya know, it really is getting downright sad with your posts recently. Before folks just disagreed with ya, no problem. That is what this forum is for, discussion. But in my personal opinion I have seen that your recent interaction with members of this forum is getting downright silly. Not saying you are, just your recent posts and attitude. You do not even try to debate anymore or present any information that moves the discussion forward.

I have a noticed a trend toward statements like above which are meant to insult ones opinion. And yes, we all have done it time to time. But your string of posts recently shed no light to the thread.

Just my own humble observation. I sincerely hope you get back or are back from Afghanistan OK. Maybe a fresh look around you will change your attitude.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    When did America come to the point that the government would openly plan of violating Posse Comitatus?
    They didn't. Why are you pretending they did?

I guess you didn't look at the date: July 30. What you reposted is almosts 2 months old and referred to violence at the Republican National Convention.

After what has transpired this week, I'm shocked to see anyone so hopeful of government abuse as to disregard the potential need for US troops to be appropriately equipped a US diplomatic stations. Y

What it means is that you're gullible, and you waste a lot of time [badly] reading inflammatory bollucks and thoughtlessly inflicting it on others.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Ya know, it really is getting downright sad with your posts recently. Before folks just disagreed with ya, no problem. That is what this forum is for, discussion. But in my personal opinion I have seen that your recent interaction with members of this forum is getting downright silly. Not saying you are, just your recent posts and attitude. You do not even try to debate anymore or present any information that moves the discussion forward.

I have a noticed a trend toward statements like above which are meant to insult ones opinion. And yes, we all have done it time to time. But your string of posts recently shed no light to the thread.

Just my own humble observation. I sincerely hope you get back or are back from Afghanistan OK. Maybe a fresh look around you will change your attitude.
    I'm being asked to talk to dead people or refer to old highschool books which I haven't seen in a very long time.

What did you expect?

Maybe someday these folks will realize what a hyperlink is, and then if they have a point, make it by sourcing their reference material.

Reality check time.
    Afghanistan is smaller than Texas. Add Iraq to it and combined they are smaller than Alaska. Combined population is less than California.
    It has been fairly well demonstrated that even with complete buy in from our troops and with allied troops working with us how difficult it is to control and stabilize that real estate.
    Someone going to try that here? They gotta be smoking something.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Reality check time.
    Afghanistan is smaller than Texas. Add Iraq to it and combined they are smaller than Alaska. Combined population is less than California.
    It has been fairly well demonstrated that even with complete buy in from our troops and with allied troops working with us how difficult it is to control and stabilize that real estate.
    Were talking about MPs doing riot controle, not a joint combined arms campaign. Scale back the hysteria, please. MPs are only going to be used in scenarios where civilian law enforcement would be over powered or to protect government buildings, nothing more.

Yes, it's going to be US Army MPs who do the riot controle.

Army MPs will mess you up. Soldiers acting on lawfull orders cannot be sued, so just understand that if you riot against MPs they are going to brake your body and sleep well at night.

If you riot, you diserve what's coming to you.

First of all specific MPs have a mission of interment/resettlement for displaced civilians in the battlefield. That is the kind of riot control they are to prepare for.

Saying MPs will (blank) you up us less than appropriate and not in keeping with
    with doctrine and training.

Most riot control training and emphasis in the US is handled by Title 32 Army National Guard units other than MPs.
    suntzu likes this.

Were talking about MPs doing riot controle, not a joint combined arms campaign. Scale back the hysteria, please. MPs are only going to be used in scenarios where civilian law enforcement would be over powered or to protect government buildings, nothing more.

A link to this would be nice......
    suntzu likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

MPs have limited jurisdiction and limited numbers. In the Houston area they might be deployed to protect such facilities as the Federal Reserve, the Mickey Leland Federal Building, and Ellington field. Stay off those properties and MPs are basically irrelevent. If there were widespread civil unrest there are simply too many federal facilities in too many places for MPs to have a significant nation wide impact. There simply are not enough of the them to secure what they need to secure without help from local law enforcement.

And who is it that is anticipating this unrest anyway? The only guys I heard talking about it were the tin foil hat guys. I have friends that are active duty and active in law enforcement. I myself am active with my county emergency management office. All of this anticipated unrest is news to us.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Reality check time.
    You're absolutely right. I always hear "If US citizens started a revolution, the gov't tanks and technology would crush it.

No, it wouldn't. It failed in Vietnam and Afghanistan more than once, a well armed populace that knows the land can win against a superior force that's fighting far from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    A link to this would be nice......
    Sure, just as soon as mcp1810 provides his source material demonstrating that Army riot gear conclusively proves the Army is planning an all-out war on Texas.

If others don't first source their claims, don't expect anyone who follows to be held to a higher debate standard.

Sure, just as soon as mcp1810 provides his source material demonstrating that Army riot gear conclusively proves the Army is planning an all-out war on Texas.

If others don't first source their claims, don't expect anyone who follows to be held to a higher debate standard.
    I must be missing something because all I generally see in your posts is supposition couched as fact. Where did mcp1810 say the Army was planning an all out war in Texas?

Your non-response to Harryball reminds me of two kids arguing back and forth with "no, you first." If you believe something to be true then you might want to consider using an appropriate qualifier. If you know something to be true then by all means add to the discussion with a source.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links