U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow

This is a discussion on U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Adrenaline I must be missing something because all I generally see in your posts is supposition couched as fact. Where did mcp1810 ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: U.S. Army Purchases Riot Gear As Fears Over Civil Unrest Grow

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
    I must be missing something because all I generally see in your posts is supposition couched as fact. Where did mcp1810 say the Army was planning an all out war in Texas?

Your non-response to Harryball reminds me of two kids arguing back and forth with "no, you first." If you believe something to be true then you might want to consider using an appropriate qualifier. If you know something to be true then by all means add to the discussion with a source.
    Post #53 on this page.

I reacted to that post by reminding everyone of the proper context of the Army's perches of riot gear...riot gear for god's sake...Guard units keep machien guns but some nuts on this forum are worried about hand-held ballistic shields and batons..where was your conspiracy when my unit bought 160 brand new M4s last year?...that it's for MP, not the whole US armed forces, and it's for riot control, not all-out war on a population. The comparison and assumptions made in post #53 are false, to say the least. MPs performing riot control looks nothing like B-1s dropping JDAMs, the Airborne and Marines conducting infantry operations, or Engineers performing RCP or combat-builds.

Take off the tin-foil hats, folks.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    Post #53 on this page.

I reacted to that post by reminding everyone of the proper context of the Army's perches of riot gear...riot gear for god's sake...Guard units keep machien guns but some nuts on this forum are worried about hand-held ballistic shields and batons..where was your conspiracy when my unit bought 160 brand new M4s last year?...that it's for MP, not the whole US armed forces, and it's for riot control, not all-out war on a population. The comparison and assumptions made in post #53 are false, to say the least. MPs performing riot control looks nothing like B-1s dropping JDAMs, the Airborne and Marines conducting infantry operations, or Engineers performing RCP or combat-builds.

You may want to re-read Post #53. If anything mcp1810 was saying the exact opposite of your apparent interpretation.

Your response to me asks "where was your conspiracy when my unit bought 160 brand new M4s last year?" No where did I state anything resembling a nod to the consprracy nuts and if I had I can tell you I would not be worried about some Army unit hanging out on a FOB in Afghanistan posting to Facebook and Defensive Carry Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    Post #53 on this page.

I do not beleive MCP is saying anything of the kind. In fact, he is saying the opposite. He does not beleive that MP's will be used to "take over" the country or whatever. In post 57 he says this:
    MPs have limited jurisdiction and limited numbers. In the Houston area they might be deployed to protect such facilities as the Federal Reserve, the Mickey Leland Federal Building, and Ellington field. Stay off those properties and MPs are basically irrelevent. If there were widespread civil unrest there are simply too many federal facilities in too many places for MPs to have a significant nation wide impact. There simply are not enough of the them to secure what they need to secure without help from local law enforcement.

And who is it that is anticipating this unrest anyway? The only guys I heard talking about it were the tin foil hat guys. I have friends that are active duty and active in law enforcement. I myself am active with my county emergency management office. All of this anticipated unrest is news to us.
    In post 53 he IMO does not imply what you are sayiing he does.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    In the event of any Disturbance I`ll be sitting at home in front of the T.V. with an array of "Toys"....Waiting.

I am obviously terrified. Can't you all tell from posts #10 and 18?

IF there were widespread civil unrest and MP's were deployed nationwide there simply aren't enough of them to do any more than they are legally tasked to do anyway. I doubt there are even enough to do what they are supposed to do. When there were protests or activities on federal reservations where MP's could actually be used officers from my old department were deputized as United States Marshalls so our department could reinforce the federal resources on the scene.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

When the Marines were marching through New Orleans after Katrina one pimple faced youngster made a statement, ON CAMERA, that he would shoot to kill American Citizens if so ordered. Perhaps his youthful exuberance became his "Rambo" fantasy...but he made the statement none the less. Anyone wants a link to it just let me know. By the way Kent State is not distant history. You put deadly weapons in the hands of very emotionally immature kids and anything goes. This is why youngsters should only be pointed towards the bad guys in a war. They will pull the trigger without thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    A link to this would be nice......
    FM3-19.40 Appendix B Use of Force and Riot Control Measures

Honestly why is anyone on this forum worried about some ballistic shields and helmets?

WE HAVE GUNS.

Should MPs comes to your house with batons in an illegal take over, I'm sure even a lil old granny with a revolver could fend them off.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links