Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope - Page 2

Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope

This is a discussion on Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We actualy have video cameras in our ambulances that have a lens facing forward and one inside the cab. They can be activated manualy by ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope

We actualy have video cameras in our ambulances that have a lens facing forward and one inside the cab. They can be activated manualy by hitting a button or with a sudden change of intertia (hard braking, fast turn, hit something etc). For our driver training courses we watch a lot of dash cam footage which does make me appreciate the cameras presence.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

VIP Member
    so they can send you a ticket for jay walking or having a 44 oz. "bed wetter" of Mountain Dew or Pepsi.

The fine should double for mountain dew because your not responsible enough to decide not to drink it, really bad for you. The government should regulate that. Redbull too. I put too much Redbull in my Yager so I should go to jail.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

I somehow don't mind dash cams - it's seems like it serves well for both sides. Cameras all over town though give me the creeps. I don't have anything to hide, but it gives me the willies anyway.

I recently found out our county was one who had a drone, apparently leased for a year (I think it was) to see if it was something the sheriff's office would want long term, found out about it after the fact. The article I read was they tested it mostly in a rural area - which turned out to be MY rural area. Again, nothing to hide, but I also know I can walk around my property and not worry about the neighbors seeing me, only to find out that the sheriff's office may have! :O It totally gave me the heebie jeebies. I'm a huge supporter of LEO's but cameras and drones are too much for me...

Dash cams I'm fine with. Keeps everyone accountable in tricky situations, where one is already subject to scrutiny of one arm of the government or another. Cameras everywhere put you under scrutiny at all times. Totally different animal. If EMSA wants to put cameras in their ambulances, that's cool too. They have the right to keep an eye on what personnel were doing when stuff went down.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Not that I needed another reason to avoid New York......but this is one!

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Dash cams I'm fine with. Keeps everyone accountable in tricky situations, where one is already subject to scrutiny of one arm of the government or another. Cameras everywhere put you under scrutiny at all times. Totally different animal. If EMSA wants to put cameras in their ambulances, that's cool too. They have the right to keep an eye on what personnel were doing when stuff went down.
    I agree. Dashcams are good. But LEO's should not fuss about it when they are getting recorded. It should be legal in every state to record (video and audio) of an official as long as it poses no safety risk to the officer or others.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I agree. Dashcams are good. But LEO's should not fuss about it when they are getting recorded. It should be legal in every state to record (video and audio) of an official as long as it poses no safety risk to the officer or others.
    I agree I do not know why some places do not want their public officals recorded while doing thier duty in a public place, as long as it doesn't interfer with their duties. i do believe that this will eventually wind up in front of the Supreme court
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Dash cams rock! I was in a collision a few years ago in a camera equipped vehicle. The other guy's insurance company was giving a big song and dance and claiming the report from HPD was not available yet. My boss e-mailed them a copy of the video. The next day they were ready to cut a check.
    pgrass101 and 64zebra like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

The trouble with cameras is that the Government does not see a difference between using them at an intersection on a public street and using them to look into a private citizens property.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Microsoft? Wonder how long before video operators see the "blue screen of death"

I recently watched several episodes of a show like "Cops" about UK LEOs, and it follows them around in much the same manner. The UK LEOs in the show have the same type of license plate recognition in their patrol vehicles and apparently it results in alot of traffic stops.(Computer automatically comes up with warrants or expired license,..et. al.) Scary stuff.
    ROFL! "I'm sorry Sir, but we don't have that terrorist on record. It appears we have a BSOD error at this time."
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Badey and Ionracas like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Yup, coming to a town near you.

Interesting book -- Go Directly to Jail: The Criminalization of Almost Everything.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

it mounts on the car dashboard and the police can scan thru buildings, houses and apartments for currently 100 feet & can see what the people are doing in their houses, apartments, eg. walking, watching tv, in bed, smoking dope, going to potty, etc.....It is still experimental, and our local officers not to worry, they will only turn them on when they deem it necessary to investigate crime...... Privacy is kaput....

I think that "you have no expectancy of privacy in public" is dog doo. If 30 of my friends surrounded a police department or other government office with sensors and cameras 24/7 I am pretty darn sure that is not OK. They would find some way of saying that is illegal. And as far as I am concerned using facial recognition is bogus if it is automated to randomly collect faces and match them up against suspects or what have you. The government is going way overboard now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links