Insurrection, Rebellion - Hypothetical response or PLANNED?

This is a discussion on Insurrection, Rebellion - Hypothetical response or PLANNED? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was reading my hometown "missprint" online today and this was a "headline" article: Will the rebellion start in Darlington? | SCNOW.com After wiping the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Insurrection, Rebellion - Hypothetical response or PLANNED?

Insurrection, Rebellion - Hypothetical response or PLANNED?

I was reading my hometown "missprint" online today and this was a "headline" article:

Will the rebellion start in Darlington? | SCNOW.com

After wiping the incredulous look off my face, I then went to this, the major article in Small Wars Journal :

Full Spectrum Operations in the Homeland: A

Now, after reading the credentials and positions held of the author, and just kinda looking around the website...I'm sitting here in a state of "wonder".

I'd certainly be interested in the thoughts of the members here.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    All signs point to chaos ahead.
    There is no doubt in my mind that there will be some form of society altering crisis within the next couple of decades. The more I see things coming together, like the left/right polarization (tea party, occupy, 'class' warfare), arming of the people, rise of the surveillance state, militarization of the police, and an ongoing economic depression, anti immigration stances, and general change in attitudes, the more I think we may be facing a 2nd civil war.
    Hoganbeg and The Old Anglo like this.

In addition to noway2, I'd add the rising geopolitical tensions which will continue to escalate as the growing world needs more and more resources (energy, minerals, rare earths, water, food...) which are ever more difficult to come by.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

VIP Member
    I have some Confederate currency in my collection, so if the South rises again I am partially prepared.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I read this article. This isn't the first time such plans have been openly discussed. This has been a long time coming, and when it hits the fan it won't be such a shock upon retrospect. I suspect by the time most of us are gone this is going to be a much different country than it is now, for better or for worse.

It will take a catacalysmic economic or natural event to push us over the edge.

I hope we never get there. I'm armed but would prefer for my guns to stay in the safe.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    so if the South rises again I am partially prepared.
    That's why I have a rifle...
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    That's why I have a rifle...
    This thread is why I plan to get one. One that doesn't shoot varmit rounds. This is a reason people need AK-47s.

Presented for your consideration, given the nature of the scenario laid out here Christian Exodus

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    All signs point to chaos ahead.
    There is no doubt in my mind that there will be some form of society altering crisis within the next couple of decades. The more I see things coming together, like the left/right polarization (tea party, occupy, 'class' warfare), arming of the people, rise of the surveillance state, militarization of the police, and an ongoing economic depression, anti immigration stances, and general change in attitudes, the more I think we may be facing a 2nd civil war.

I completely agree, and may I add to the list the ongoing effort to control access to and content of the internet. Another way to cut the people's communication then divide and conquer.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

The Civil War of 2016

Well its time to stock up on ammo and other survival gear! Got to get to building the battlements!

EDITORIAL: The Civil War of 2016 - Washington Times

Pass the bullet resistant backing for the dry wall Bonnie and get Clyde to fuel up the generators and load the BearCat in case we need to bug out!

US Army Tactical Manuals Describe How to Control Domestic Insurrection

» US Army Tactical Manuals Describe How to Control Domestic Insurrection Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

God, if it this is the day you call me up, please let me die in a pile of HOT brass!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    This is how I percieve it would go, as described by a poster to the comments section of the article...........

As a retired Naval Officer, I think you would be hard pressed to find a US Military commander who would issue the order to fire on US citizens.
    Second, I wouldn't be all that surprised in this hypothetical story if a very large portion of the US military joined the Tea Party revolution.

this is why the blue helmets are so important to our government, and why we are so entrenched it its operations,

They would be sent as the "Peacekeepers"

God help them if we still have our firearms, for just by sheer #'s we would quench their desire to stormtroop.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

How to put this...if a pack of self styled "Tea Party Patriots" seize their state capital, arrest all the elected officials in sight, and then declare their right to secede from the Union I'd be hard pressed not to cheer for Federal troops to light 'em all up like cheap cigars.

One of the most crazy things I like to think about is what would actually happen to our military in the event of a Civil War... how many would stay and fight for the government and how many would join the citizens? So many possibilities.

Alex Jones is either deliberately misleading people or is simply an idiot.
    Just to touch on a couple of points.....
    Firstly, can anyone quote the specific relevant sections of the linked documents? There seems to be a reason Jones doesn't. I frequently read the documents he is talking about and rarely if ever find them saying what he says they are saying. I have read the sixty pages of his linked national security strategy documents and I don't recall seeing the scenarios he refers to. Can anyone tell me what page they are on?
    Previous "leaked" documents he was going on and on about were available from the government printing office. One was a training manual for military police school that had been in circulation for six years.

Secondly we went over the military purchase and DHS purchase of riot gear he is talking about. The DHS order is enough to equip three men per state. An awesome and terrifying force if you believe Alex Jones. The Army purchase was even smaller. We have a thread on it but I don't think it was even enough to fully equip twenty five men.
    If you read the blog from the Houston Chronicle you will see that the big issue they are trying to overcome with Posse Commitatus is that local law enforcement are having to deal with IEDs ( James Holmes' apartment for example) but the military who have gobs of experts on the issue can not legally train the local police on how to deal with them.

The more Alex Jones screams about something the less I am concerned by it.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links