Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II) - Page 2

Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II)

This is a discussion on Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Are you aware of the fact that if you have OnStar in your vehicle and even if you are not paying for OnStar AKA it's ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II)

Administrator
    Are you aware of the fact that if you have OnStar in your vehicle and even if you are not paying for OnStar AKA it's a feature in your vehicle but, you never really wanted or needed it....it can be turned on remotely without your knowledge and your conversation can be monitored inside your vehicle and your location can be tracked?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

That's all nice and dandy, but have you ever heard of Echelon? No matter what you do in this electronic age, you are under surveillance. Read about Echelon, it will open your eyes

VIP Member
    Thanks to everyone for the Ghostery tip. I quickly installed it on my recently-troublesome Chrome browser, and it cleared it right up.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    This is nothing new--cell phones (and remotes) transmit into the open air (thus the "wireless" part), which is legal for anyone to receive and listen. There is NO "expectation of privacy with either (verified in many court cases), unlike land lines which are transmitted thru wires and require a warrant to "tap" into. With cells, it's no different than you shouting and then being upset because someone unintended heard your shout. It's out there for all to hear--period.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    This is nothing new--cell phones (and remotes) transmit into the open air (thus the "wireless" part), which is legal for anyone to receive and listen. There is NO "expectation of privacy with either (verified in many court cases), unlike land lines which are transmitted thru wires and require a warrant to "tap" into. With cells, it's no different than you shouting and then being upset because someone unintended heard your shout. It's out there for all to hear--period.
    Where are you getting your info from? It is illegal to purchase or modify a scanner to intercept cell phone signals. LEO's even need a warrant to listen in on cell phones. Courts have ruled there is an expectation of privacy in regards to cellular communications

I really hope that the government pushes too hard, and too fast, and meets some resistance soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CootShooter View Post
    video recording an entire city

Strange, when I'm out and about, I don;t expect privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    I thought gps tracking had been going on for a while. If you don't have a phone, agents can place a tracking device on your car whenever they like. Privacy is gone.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of being tracked. For anyone who doesn't want to be tracked for everything they do on the internet, I recommend giving Ghostery (a browser add-on) a try. Three entities are even tracking you on DC (two of which are google tho). This add-on will block ALL internet tracking and briefly show you who all is doing the tracking every time you click on a site.
    I have Ghostery with Chrome and the funny thing is (for conspiracy theorists) is that I went to some sites you would think would be monitored by folks (the gvt). But on these extreme sites there is nothing showing up with Ghostery..hmmmmm

BTW: Went to the sites for a test only

VIP Member
    I miss my old Bronco, and they don't make 'em anymore.

This might be the final reason I need to get an old re-tread (like me).

Sure, you are being watched. So is everybody else. So much data, so little time. If you are the one doing the watching, it's like trying to read the whole internet, so you'll know everything. Was Jared Loughner under surveillance? What about the guy in Aurora, Colorado? They sure kept a close eye on him didn't they? Well, maybe they didn't have cell phones.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Are you aware of the fact that if you have OnStar in your vehicle and even if you are not paying for OnStar AKA it's a feature in your vehicle but, you never really wanted or needed it....it can be turned on remotely without your knowledge and your conversation can be monitored inside your vehicle and your location can be tracked?
    Perhaps, instead of stricter gun laws, we should just make it mandatory that all vehicles come equipped with OnStar®.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Get off the grid.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Where are you getting your info from? It is illegal to purchase or modify a scanner to intercept cell phone signals. LEO's even need a warrant to listen in on cell phones. Courts have ruled there is an expectation of privacy in regards to cellular communications
    One of many references on the subject:
    » Warrantless cellphone tracking is legal, federal court rules Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Get off the grid.
    You don't have to. That's just my point with my little quips. No individual, no federal agency, no massive computer system, or whatever else conspiracy might be imagined...can watch everything at once. If so, the Columbine killers just slipped through the cracks, so did the Virginia Tech shooter, ditto for that nutty professor who shot her colleagues in Alabama. Let's not forget the theater shooting in Colorado. If we're all being watched so closely, how in the world is all this stuff being allowed to happen? Either there is something wrong with the system, or we are not all being watched as closely as our paranoia assumes that we are.
    RichB70 likes this.

There is a difference between the conversation transmitted via the cell phone and the location of the phone. The location of the phone (tracking) can be obtained from the phone company. It is information they use to manage their system.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links