Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II)

This is a discussion on Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OldVet One of many references on the subject: » Warrantless cellphone tracking is legal, federal court rules Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II)

Look, the link you posted was for LE to track your phone,not to listen to conversations. It is a different animal for many reason. One is the method being used to track the phones. But I am not going down that abyss. It is against the law to listen in to someones cell phone conversations. It is illegal to purchase a scanner to intercept the frequencies of a cell phone signal. It is illegal to modify a scanner that is already blocked. I am not going to cite laws and rules to you. You seem to have been sadly misinformed on the subject or are confusing listening to over the air communications such as ham radios whitch have no reasonable expectation of privacy and cellular communications which do. I hope you are not telling folks to do this becasue it is illegal.

Now, back to that reference. That is a different subject altogether. LE is using cell signal with the help of phone companies to track to a device. I disagree with the ruling. But if you notice it does not give LE the authority to interceptvoice communications unless they have a warrant. Next time do more research and understand the difference between a sginal and geolocation and voice interception of cell phone signals.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Look, the link you posted was for LE to track your phone,not to listen to conversations. It is a different animal for many reason. One is the method being used to track the phones. But I am not going down that abyss. It is against the law to listen in to someones cell phone conversations. It is illegal to purchase a scanner to intercept the frequencies of a cell phone signal. It is illegal to modify a scanner that is already blocked. I am not going to cite laws and rules to you. You seem to have been sadly misinformed on the subject or are confusing listening to over the air communications such as ham radios whitch have no reasonable expectation of privacy and cellular communications which do. I hope you are not telling folks to do this becasue it is illegal.

Now, back to that reference. That is a different subject altogether. LE is using cell signal with the help of phone companies to track to a device. I disagree with the ruling. But if you notice it does not give LE the authority to interceptvoice communications unless they have a warrant. Next time do more research and understand the difference between a sginal and geolocation and voice interception of cell phone signals.
    Precisely
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

It is just like the local Sheriff's office going to the Harris County Toll Road Authority and getting a record of my EZ tag hits.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I have Ghostery with Chrome and the funny thing is (for conspiracy theorists) is that I went to some sites you would think would be monitored by folks (the gvt). But on these extreme sites there is nothing showing up with Ghostery..hmmmmm

BTW: Went to the sites for a test only
    They don't need to. They get anything and everything they want from facebook.
    suntzu likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

It is still illegal to intercept voice communications....as stated before data and records are treated differently unfortunatly

We are looking at multiple issues here.
    First, prior to about 1986 cell phones and cordless home phones being radios were perfectly legal to monitor. Law up to that point only included "voice" and "wire".
    I could not tap your landline phone or plant a mic in your bedroom. But if you chose to broadcast your conversation over the air, that was your problem. Radio Shack and other companies made and sold scanners that covered the various bands.
    They passed a law to catch up with technology.
    Then around 1994 I think it was they passed another law to protect your text messages from interception.

More recently we had a couple in Florida that intercepted and recorded Speaker Boehner on the phone with someone and they turned their recording over to political rivals. That couple plead guilty and paid a fine.
    In PA. an unknown source illegally intercepted a conversation between union negotiators during a contract negotiation. This unknown person turned the recording over to a local radio personality who broadcast it. The court held that while the recording itself was illegall the broadcasting of it was not as it was a matter of public interest and it's publication was protected by the first amendment.

They need a warrant to listen to what you say or what you text, but not to see where you were when you did it.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    I'm gonna go live in a cave, ride a horse, barter for my bullets to hunt with, and hand deliver my Christmas cards every year!

Is anyone as sick as I am of technology, and those who would use it against us?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Are you aware of the fact that if you have OnStar in your vehicle and even if you are not paying for OnStar AKA it's a feature in your vehicle but, you never really wanted or needed it....it can be turned on remotely without your knowledge and your conversation can be monitored inside your vehicle and your location can be tracked?
    Not if you remove the antenna.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Is anyone as sick as I am of technology, and those who would use it against us?
    Yep.
    RichB70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Yep.
    You realized you posted a reply using all of this technology right?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

You realized you posted a reply using all of this technology right?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Yep.
    Ya did it agian
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Ya did it agian
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the internet and the benefits it offers but I don't need to be glued to it 24/7. Thats why I don't have a smartphone....I can wait until I get home at the end of the day to check my email and such. In fact, our computer went down several months ago and we had no internet access for about three or four weeks while it was getting fixed. I didn't really miss it to be honest and even told my wife that I wouldn't care if we never got it back.

All this modern technology is really neat and helpful and stuff, but in the back of my mind I can't help to think that it will help to enslave us all one day.
    oneshot likes this.

It is still illegal to intercept voice communications....as stated before data and records are treated differently unfortunatly
    Should it be a crime for me to listen to the radio waves that others send through the walls of my house?

Michael

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links