Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II)

This is a discussion on Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Really folks you don't have to be rocket scientist to defeat most of these schemes. If you don't want to be tracked by your cell ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II)

Really folks you don't have to be rocket scientist to defeat most of these schemes. If you don't want to be tracked by your cell phone while you take over the world, leave it at home. Don't want Onstar tracking you, don't drive a vehicle equipped with it.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

2. Remove Ads

Remember when this whole sinister plot was first enacted? Fluoridation my friends, that was the first gentle push down the slippery slope.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Should it be a crime for me to listen to the radio waves that others send through the walls of my house?

Michael
    You have to be more specific about what "radio waves" you are talking about. And I am not saying what should and should not be. I know the laws on surveillance against US persons from the DOD and intelligence arena and also from civilian law.

There are things that are legal to intercept and there are things that are not.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Originally Posted by mlr1m
    Should it be a crime for me to listen to the radio waves that others send through the walls of my house?

Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You have to be more specific about what "radio waves" you are talking about. And I am not saying what should and should not be. I know the laws on surveillance against US persons from the DOD and intelligence arena and also from civilian law.

There are things that are legal to intercept and there are things that are not.
    Back when Satellite TV first became available there was a rush of folks buying dishes capable of recieving the signals without having to pay a subscription. The companies broadcasting those signals took them to court. The courts ruled at that time that the airwaves belonged to the people and that it was not illegal for you to receive those signals broadcast to you using the airwaves. This was when the broadcasting companies started scrambling their signals.

Some time later when cell phones started gaining popularity the phone companies took the problem of the lack of security of open air broadcasts to Congress. The Congress at first told them to put a disclaimer on their products telling potential buyers that what they purchased was not really a telephone. That it was in-fact a radio broadcasting across insecure public airwaves. The companies could have either told customers the truth about the lack of security by telling them the truth about it being a radio. They could have secured the transmissions by looking into a way of scrambling the signal or other means of security. Or, they could petition Congress to create a law that would punish you for listening to the airwaves going through your bedroom.

Similar to creating a law that prevents a person in their own home from listening to their neighbors shouting.

Michael

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Where are your references for this?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

It's worth noting that now that analog cell service essentially gone it's very difficult to listen in on a cell phone conversation without cooperation from the cell company.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by nazshooter View Post
    It's worth noting that now that analog cell service essentially gone it's very difficult to listen in on a cell phone conversation without cooperation from the cell company.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Beleive it or not there are still many calls out there that are analog only. But to intercept them you need a scanner/reciever that can tune to the cell band. Those have been banned in the US for years and it is illegal to modify one.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Where are your references for this?
    Sorry, no references. Just recalling when HBO first came out and the only way to access it here was by buying one of those huge disks. At that time people were allowed to receive any broadcast that came to them over the airwaves. The sale of descrambling devices was made illegal but you could still watch the signals that were not scrambled. This is no different than what folks with antenna's do.

On the phone companies asking for a law to punish folks for intercepting the radio waves that they send through yours an mine houses. I watched that on C-span.

So no, no references for you. Sorry.

Michael

Most people support Big Brother because they think it actually keeps them safe, it doesn't!

TSA pat downs would not stop a determined terrorist. Even if a terrorist was caught by a pat down, they could detonate right then and there and kill everyone in the terminal.

Plus the collection of all of our data is downright disgusting.
    mcgyver210 likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links