Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II)

This is a discussion on Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is another government invasion of personal privacy regarding tracking your cell phone WITHOUT A WARRANT! - Your Smartphone Can Now Be Used To Track ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II)

Here it comes... Big Brother slippery slope (PART II)

Here is another government invasion of personal privacy regarding tracking your cell phone WITHOUT A WARRANT!

-Your Smartphone Can Now Be Used To Track You Without A Warrant | WebProNews
    -Court Rules Smartphone Tracking Is OK By Authorities - redOrbit

Here is the fist post in this series: Big Brother Part I. More to come I'm sure...

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Ummmm the whole thing about detaining and killing American Citzens without a warrent or trial didn't bug you but tracking your cell phone does?
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Ummmm the whole thing about detaining and killing American Citzens without a warrent or trial didn't bug you but tracking your cell phone does?
    ?

Are you referring to the National Defense Authorization Act? That is set aside for "terrorists". Sure the govt. can just call anyone a terrorist and have at them with absolute impunity... but this cell phone tracking (and video recording an entire city) impacts every single American Citizen, not just those the govt. deem as terrorist threats.

Black boxes for every new car sold made the news again yesterday. Between the Smartphones and the Chevy's we don't stand a chance.

Is that like government "double-tracking?"
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Its for the children.

Michael

Double tracking Jive......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I thought gps tracking had been going on for a while. If you don't have a phone, agents can place a tracking device on your car whenever they like. Privacy is gone.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of being tracked. For anyone who doesn't want to be tracked for everything they do on the internet, I recommend giving Ghostery (a browser add-on) a try. Three entities are even tracking you on DC (two of which are google tho). This add-on will block ALL internet tracking and briefly show you who all is doing the tracking every time you click on a site.

So if you don't want to be tracked leave the phone at home.
    The difference between the tracking of the phone and the placement of a GPS unit is significant. To place the GPS the government went onto fenced and posted private property without a warrant to place the device on the suspect's car. Tracking a phone can be done simply by accessing the cell phone companies records. Those records belong to the cell phone company, not to the individual subscriber.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    I recommend giving Ghostery (a browser add-on) a try.
    Thank you for mentioning this. I used to use it and had forgotten to reload it after my latest update. This is a VERY useful add-on/extension for Firefox/Chrome.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9c
    Sheilded Holsters Double Phalanx

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    I recommend giving Ghostery (a browser add-on) a try. Three entities are even tracking you on DC (two of which are google tho). This add-on will block ALL internet tracking and briefly show you who all is doing the tracking every time you click on a site.
    Quote Originally Posted by swood View Post
    Thank you for mentioning this. I used to use it and had forgotten to reload it after my latest update. This is a VERY useful add-on/extension for Firefox/Chrome.
    Likewise... had it quite a while ago and didn't remember to put it back on my list of must have add-ons for FF. Thanks.

Disable the gps

Senior Moderator
    Everyone who has a cell phone (or a gun) is terrorist why else would the government need to track them
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I made a bit of a joke to my wife last night:
    Don't have a Farsebook or twitspace account
    Own and carry guns
    Use Tor
    Use email encryption
    Read foreign new sites
    Communicate with people in other countries
    Believe in preparing and storing supplies for disaster.

Certain that this will get you on some sort of list as it all goes against being a Good Sheeple who behaves as required.

And I've considered getting rid of this phone when the contract is up in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Disable the gps
    While this is a solution to the immediate issue on an individual level, this does not fix the real issue that government is taking our liberties away with blatant disregard for we the people.

Quote Originally Posted by CootShooter View Post
    While this is a solution to the immediate issue on an individual level, this does not fix the real issue that government is taking our liberties away with blatant disregard for we the people.
    The problem is that the juggernaut known as our government, no longer fears the people. They have taken, and taken, and taken for so many years without resistance that they no longer care.
    atctimmy, sixgun and RichB70 like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links