Todays Military...do you want this for your kid?

This is a discussion on Todays Military...do you want this for your kid? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Echo_Four I personally am stuck at the comment about losing income tax due to cutting government jobs... Which are funded by income ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Todays Military...do you want this for your kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    I personally am stuck at the comment about losing income tax due to cutting government jobs... Which are funded by income tax payments. Cutting the whole saves more than getting a portion back doesn't it? Honestly, am I missing something here?
    No you are absoulutley right ,our tax base does not even come close to covering government spending hence our huge national debt.Creating jobs at the federal level may help an individial and boost local economy,but reality is it hurts us as a nation in the long run.We will never get our debt under control until we get our government under control.
    Last edited by OD*; October 31st, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
    The easy way is always mined.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by johns381 View Post
    It sucks but it's turned into how many votes can each tax dollar buy. I'd love to hear from somebody that was deployed to Iraq, was it any better under W?
    Absolutely! I had more gear than I knew what to do with. The military just tries to do what they can with what they got. It's always a power struggle trying to pull money from somewhere to get it to where it needs to be. Personally I like to augment congress and the senates pay checks and use that money for THE NATION!!! It always has been and always will be the fat getting fatter! ... What was my point again? Oh yeah, we (the military troops, not commanders) need the gear first! Stop giving one platoon the new 45's and spark the economy by producing and outfitting an entire military with weapons and gear made right here in the USA!
    Semper Fi

equipment

It's not the equipment, it's the training. When you run out of ammo, the rifle becomes a big stick. I will break off there leg and beat them to death with it. But of course I am not todays military, I am from yester year. I spent some time in the sandbox, when needed, I picked up a rock or a stick and killed the the enemy. Train them right, the rest is just bells and whistles...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Rock,stick versus AK-47 or unseen IED...I don't know.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

You have to remember the difference between the military and the boy scouts -- the boy scouts have adult leadership!!
    McDonaldUSMC likes this.
    From a Marine sniper -- "You can run but you will just die tired"
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ldmtulsa View Post
    You have to remember the difference between the military and the boy scouts -- the boy scouts have adult leadership!!
    My recruiter pitched it to me as "Boy Scouts with automatic weapons and high explosives!"
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

The thing is, all branches of the military (Army, Navy/Marines, Air Force, and Coasties) get the same amount of money for the fiscal year. If you think about it, the Army is spending money on logistics and ammunitions and fuel, etc....Say the Navy and Air Force get the same amount for their budget, the Navy has to pay for upkeep of ships, bases, and aircrafts for that year. The Air Force, aircraft and golf courses. Who the hell knows what the coasties do. Being stationed on a Navy base and then being stationed on an Air Force base, I've noticed Air Force bases are always well kept compared to naval bases. All the Air Force has to spend their money on is aircraft for mission critical needs. The Navy has almost, if not more, planes that Air Force .Plus the navy has tons of subs and ships to maintain.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbboykin View Post
    The thing is, all branches of the military (Army, Navy/Marines, Air Force, and Coasties) get the same amount of money for the fiscal year. If you think about it, the Army is spending money on logistics and ammunitions and fuel, etc....Say the Navy and Air Force get the same amount for their budget, the Navy has to pay for upkeep of ships, bases, and aircrafts for that year. The Air Force, aircraft and golf courses. Who the hell knows what the coasties do. Being stationed on a Navy base and then being stationed on an Air Force base, I've noticed Air Force bases are always well kept compared to naval bases. All the Air Force has to spend their money on is aircraft for mission critical needs. The Navy has almost, if not more, planes that Air Force .Plus the navy has tons of subs and ships to maintain.
    The same amount? Not hardly. But yeah, we do have nice golf courses.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Times are tough friend and they're only going to get tougher.
    I wonder how much they had to cut back on supplies for AirForce One?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I seriously doubt AF1 has the 300 grit TP the latrines have.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Probably the same amount Wall St. execs cut back during the recession...none. In fact it probably got better for everyone!

We're the ones who lose.

I have 2 sons both 2nd Lts US Air Force. One, the younger son, a Navigator/CSO when he graduates from Norwich University in the Spring either F15E or B1B Lancer. The other, his older brother, graduated from the Academy this past yr, F16 or hopefully F22 or F35
    Geeeeeeze I hope they don't have a shortage of JP5 fuel any too soon.
    Where's the likes of Ronnie RayyyGun when we need him most. Now there's a "peace thru superior firepower type guy"
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Couple years back when congress had their heads up there a** and wouldnt sign the budget. We couldn't fly our birds cause there was no money for fuel. We were also told we wouldnt be getting paid either.

It blew my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbboykin View Post
    Couple years back when congress had their heads up there a** and wouldnt sign the budget. We couldn't fly our birds cause there was no money for fuel. We were also told we wouldnt be getting paid either.

It blew my mind.
    This is nothing new. It happens during a lot of administrations. It has come and gone since I started the militlary in 1984 till I got out 23 years later. I have no clue why folks think that troops are not getting what they need COMPARED to other times. Soldiers in the 80's and early 90's, unless they were SF, had crappy clothing and equipment. During certain cycles of the year flight hours were cut and air crews only got the minimum amount of hours to get paid.

Nothing new guys.
    sparkykb likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    No much.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links