Citizen Police Academy - Page 3

Citizen Police Academy

This is a discussion on Citizen Police Academy within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Joker1, sounds like you had a really cool class. We got to shoot the Glocks, but didn't get to shoot the MP5 in the class ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Citizen Police Academy

Joker1, sounds like you had a really cool class. We got to shoot the Glocks, but didn't get to shoot the MP5 in the class I took a couple of years ago. That really sounds cool! And I agree with you, night shift is the way to go. I had asked when was the most action, and was told Friday and Saturday night, so I signed up for Friday and rode a 12 hour shift. Time went really fast, as we were busy almost constantly. Several "noise" complaints from parties in apartment complexes, etc. A couple of domestic disputes, some traffic stops, underage girl in a pickup truck with an 18 year old boy at a park, etc. Interesting night. Really gained an appreciation for the crap the officers have to put up with on a daily basis.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Well I guess I didn't give them enough reasons to be leary of me, they called and want me to be Police Auxillary!
    Not sure when I'll start training and how much training there is, although rumor has it I'll get to test my resistance to pepper spray. Pretty sure I'll need to learn the phonetic alphabet and 10-codes. Already know some of both, my Dad was a truck driver and I've seen Convoy not to mention listening to a scanner for several years.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Went and got some of my uniform and equipment. Couple shirts some 5.11 pants, duty belt, cuffs, empty pepper spray holster, and coat. I haven't got it yet but I will be issued a bulletproof vest. After hearing of the 2 Topeka Kansas PD officers murdered last night I will appreciate wearing what is likely to be a bulky, heavy, uncomfortable, and important piece of equipment. Wish they had a full body version. First meeting is tonight so let the journey begin.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Good luck and do well.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Pretty sure I'll need to learn the phonetic alphabet and 10-codes. Already know some of both,
    The Portland police use a way different phonetic alphabet than I am used to. I listen to the scanner and so I hear what they are using and it isn't what I had learned.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links