"Mexican leader knocks U.S. crime rates"

This is a discussion on "Mexican leader knocks U.S. crime rates" within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060923/...NlYwNtZW5ld3M- ....U.S. officials need to work on their own rising crime rates..... .....U.S. officials have criticized the high murder and kidnapping rates in Mexican border ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Mexican leader knocks U.S. crime rates"

VIP Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060923/...NlYwNtZW5ld3M-

....U.S. officials need to work on their own rising crime rates.....

.....U.S. officials have criticized the high murder and kidnapping rates in Mexican border cities and the danger they pose to Americans. The U.S. ambassador recently advised U.S. citizens to exercise extreme caution when traveling in Mexico......

...."I saw that crime rates in the United States increased 3.5 percent so far this year. So they have their own problems," Fox said. "And with numbers of homicides, it's better we don't speak about them, because, even though they show up on the front pages every day, there are many fewer here than there."....

Scores of U.S. citizens have been abducted in Nuevo Laredo in recent years and more than two dozen cases remain unresolved.
    So crime in the US has increased 3.5%........I wonder how much of it is due to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

With regard to the abductions on the US border, I really doubt it is being perpetrated by US citizens.

It really is time to build a wall & seal up the border.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Moderator
    I dont know about anywhere else, but I can testify that in my hometown illegals have had a direct correlation to the raise in crime stats here.

I would suspect that to be the case everywhere. I doubt that you'll hear much about it, as it seems to be one of the best kept secrets in America...due to being "politically correct" and all. God forbid we tell anyone the truth and be accused of being racist or something.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Mexico Murder Rate = 17.2 per 100,000
    USA murder Rate = 7.3 per 100,000
    As per the UN Yearbook 1996

I am sure the numbers differ much more nowadays.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Lead Moderator
    I'm going to bite my tongue..... I'm one of the Mods and have to set the example!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Assistant Administrator
    I'll just add this bit - a section from what I posted on NRA News thread today -
    70 MILLION MORE GUNS.38% LESS VIOLENT CRIME

Data released by the FBI on Monday showed that in 2005, the nation's
    total violent crime rate was 38% lower than in 1991, when violent crime
    hit an all-time high. Rates of the individual categories of violent
    crime were also much lower in 2005 than in 1991. Murder was 43% lower,
    rape 25% lower, robbery 48% lower, and aggravated assault 33% lower. The
    FBI's report came on the heels of a Bureau of Justice Statistics crime
    survey that found that violent crime was lower in 2005 than anytime in
    the survey's 32-year history.

Defying the anti-gunners' claim that more guns means more crime, from
    1991-2005 the number of privately owned guns increased by more than 70
    million.

The news media often characterize violent crime as a primarily
    gun-oriented problem, but the FBI's report showed that only one in every
    four violent crimes in 2005 was committed with a gun. In 2005, as in
    previous years, most violent crimes were robberies and aggravated
    assaults, most of which were committed with knives or bare hands.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Crime Could Be Lower in Mexico...

isn't that why so many people are trying to sneak across the border from the U.S. into Mexico?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    I'm going to bite my tongue..... I'm one of the Mods and have to set the example!
    Aw, c'mon, let 'er rip! I know we have a direct connection between illegals and crime here and I'll shout it from the rooftops. One of the shippers we use has a wonderfull, LEGAL, mexican lady dispatcher. I asked her about the subject one time and did I get an earful!!! She despises illegals and is proud of all the hard work and patience it took for her to do it the legal way....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Aw, c'mon, let 'er rip! I know we have a direct connection between illegals and crime here and I'll shout it from the rooftops. One of the shippers we use has a wonderfull, LEGAL, mexican lady dispatcher. I asked her about the subject one time and did I get an earful!!! She despises illegals and is proud of all the hard work and patience it took for her to do it the legal way....
    Make that +2
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

the problem is that there are not as many of her as their are that just want these people in the country no matter what....

There have been a number of drug bust in the Seattle area lately, many of the people arrested were Illeagal aliens from Mexico. Our crime goes up cause Mexico ships us their criminals.

See, if you are "in charge of crime", that's different than "controlling" crime. I think that was his main beef- he's used to being in charge..........

Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    the problem is that there are not as many of her as their are that just want these people in the country no matter what....
    Name 5 US citizens, the illegals want the illegals not the valid US citizens. Don't accuse the farmers either they use the green card carrying variety as much as they can control.

There was a story on the tube the other day of a Mexican illegal (ex con) and his GF (illegal) came over to stay, He killed her, then he did it to his next GF, then His next GF. Each time he was detained and questioned by the PD about their disappearance, was later (after a lot of police time) was charged, convicted, and jailed with out probation until his 85th BD.

So my question is this why is there no law requiring the detaining of, and automatic deportation (if non felony) of any Illegal stopped for any reason, anywhere on US soil? Their have been way too many horror stories of an illegal driving, N a accident with the local PD just releasing.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    To be fair your legal immigration system sucks so badly right now that it makes honest people dishonest, mind you Canada’s not much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    To be fair your legal immigration system sucks so badly right now that it makes honest people dishonest, mind you Canada’s not much better.
    Well, I personally know a Macedonian, three Mexicans, a Honduran, two El Salvadorians, two Fijians, three Brits and a Finn who would disagree with you. While the process can be long it is the system. What many outside want is to have wide open doors to let in everyone? No can do as our economy couldn't absorb it. Not to mention our medical and welfare system.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I'd hate to think what their murder rate would be if their people would stay THERE and murder people instead of illegally taking up residence in Texas, murdering someone here, and fleeing back to Mexico. My jurisdiction estimates we have around 5-8 murder suspects that have gone back to Mexico to hide out now, and chance of extradition is ZERO.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links