Officer tases handcuffed woman for spitting on him

This is a discussion on Officer tases handcuffed woman for spitting on him within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, its an insult. Its disgusting....it would make me angry. Not angry enough to do that to a handcuffed person. Take his freakin badge....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Officer tases handcuffed woman for spitting on him

Well, its an insult. Its disgusting....it would make me angry. Not angry enough to do that to a handcuffed person. Take his freakin badge.

2. Remove Ads

yea, spitting on a cop is assault. he was justified by the letter of the law.
    darbo likes this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

What is shocking to me is that the other LEO's act like nothing was wrong. One guy toward the back appeared to do a 'face palm' but I think that was more of him saying "you idiot, there are camera's here" than "that was wrong"
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Is that the Chinese version?

We do have a lot of Koreans on campus now
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Too many cameras around now days ; )H/D
    Yup, that's why he was suspended and will be taking additional taser training. To know where the cameras are before you tase.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    yea, spitting on a cop is assault. he was justified by the letter of the law.
    What law are you talking about? How was the officer in any danger? Don't go saying she could have had AIDS, because if you do then that is saying that the officer could have shot her to protect himself from a deadly threat.
    tricolordad likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I can't say I blame him. She assaulted him in a most insulting and disgusting way. Isn't that what tasers are for? The police are not supposed to have to take abuse like that and the woman should not get away with it.

If I spit on a cop in public I would expect one or more of the following.

Introduction to his boot heel:

Pavement:

The back of his hand:

Hood of patrol car:

Taser:

And all of the above from nearby officers:
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bmglock23 View Post
    Despite the spit, this could be his butt, especially if the woman belongs to a protected minority group or even has a good lawyer.
    disagree with the mention of the word 'minority' but agree with the lawsuit.. I myself might develop a sudden tingle in the nerves in my forearm. But then again, i dont spit on people...
    ericb327 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    What law are you talking about? How was the officer in any danger? Don't go saying she could have had AIDS, because if you do then that is saying that the officer could have shot her to protect himself from a deadly threat.
    i'm not taking the time to look it up. assault with bodily fluids for something. it's a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    i'm not taking the time to look it up. assault with bodily fluids for something. it's a crime.
    Ah, the old 'there is a law but I am not sure of it' trick. I think Maxwell Smart used that line once.

Senior Moderator
    I'm gonna tell you my opinion on it and some of you arent gonna like it, but it is, what it is.

Back in the day spitting on a cop was an automatic thrashing. Meaning if you were stupid enough to spit on a cop, then you had to be able to accept the consequences. Most people knew that so it was never was much of an issue.
    Call it a detterant if you will. Most of us grew up knowing that if you pissed off a cop there was gonna be consequences.

Now,rather than break bones, tear ligaments and generally makes some of these half wits with even uglier by placing strategically located knots on their head, the only detterrant that makes sense is a taser. Its safer, get the point across and is cheaper than getting someone repaired at the ER.

Now, with all the touch feely crap being taught in society, its OK for people to do whatever they want to a cop without expecting any retaliation at all and if a cop doing his job even looks at you crosseyed then you want to spend the next two years in court because he violated your civil rights. It's upside down and this entitlement mentality is part of whats killing this country.

No longer do you have to be responsible for your actions, what ever you do to a cop, is now OK and you expect to get away with it scott free. Now any further action is called "retribution" or punishment. Lets see what other buzzwords will come to pass on the rest of this thread. Yeah, its all the cops fault. He was being mean by using a taser instead of an ASP or a Blakjack or just body slamming the offender.

Had I been witness to it, I probably would have removed the barbs and said something like, " hey, you shouldnt have spit on the officer" while picking her up and placing a specially created bag over her head to keep her from doing it again.

I have no sympathy for the woman that was stupid enough to spit on the cop. She should be glad she didn't do it 20 years ago and that she still has her teeth left.

One thing is for certain. She'll think about it before she spits on the next cop.

If I had got tased and went home and whined to my Dad about it, he would have simply said" son...you shouldn't have spit on a cop. I thought I taught you better than that."

Sometimes it hurts to be stupid.
    WHEC724, JD, pgrass101 and 18 others like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Ah, the old 'there is a law but I am not sure of it' trick. I think Maxwell Smart used that line once.
    i went to school with a guy that got an assault charge for spitting on a cop.

Did the officer over react? probably. If I was in his place I dont know that I wouldn't have done the same thing. You never know what other peoples saliva contains. She could have STD's or any number of transmittable diseases. I may be wrong but I believe that is considered assaulting an officer.
    Rule #1. Cardio
    Rule #2. Double Tap

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Sometimes it hurts to be stupid.
    And if you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.

I would expect nothing less than a beat-down if I were to spit on a cop. This politically-correct world nauseates me.
    40Bob, ccw9mm, OD* and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I'm gonna tell you my opinion on it and some of you arent gonna like it,....
    You are right. I don't like that attitude at all and here is why: It has ZERO to do with being touchy feely and sympathizing for the woman. In fact, I would like to have done the same.
    But, you have a LEO who is is not suppose to be handing out punishment, he did it to a woman that was handcuffed (come on dude, I can see if she was not...maybe). The officer lost his cool in a non threatening enviroment with one handcuffed lady in a room full of LEO's with camera's. If he can not handle himself to make a smart decision in this situation how do you expect him to handle others that can involve life and death.

And the good old day s you are talking about....there was police abuse that was condoned and accepted.

The only thing the LEO did was make cops look like thugs in the yes of many, put his career at risk, may bring a lawsuit against his city..and all because he lost his cool.

Good plan. That is who i want with a gun walking around enforcing the law.
    justherenow likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links