Officer tases handcuffed woman for spitting on him

This is a discussion on Officer tases handcuffed woman for spitting on him within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by suntzu You are right. I don't like that attitude at all and here is why: It has ZERO to do with being ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Officer tases handcuffed woman for spitting on him

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You are right. I don't like that attitude at all and here is why: It has ZERO to do with being touchy feely and sympathizing for the woman. In fact, I would like to have done the same.
    But, you have a LEO who is is not suppose to be handing out punishment, he did it to a woman that was handcuffed (come on dude, I can see if she was not...maybe). The officer lost his cool in a non threatening enviroment with one handcuffed lady in a room full of LEO's with camera's. If he can not handle himself to make a smart decision in this situation how do you expect him to handle others that can involve life and death.

And the good old day s you are talking about....there was police abuse that was condoned and accepted.

The only thing the LEO did was make cops look like thugs in the yes of many, put his career at risk, may bring a lawsuit against his city..and all because he lost his cool.

Good plan. That is who i want with a gun walking around enforcing the law.
    the guy looked pretty calm and collected to me when he zapped her.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I t didnt look to me like he lost his cool at all. In fact, looking at the video, it didnt look like a tase it looked like a "dry stun" meaning that she got a contact zap rather than the full tase. She didnt fall down, she kept moving around and she was still being stupid.

Heres a fact that you dont understand, when you see all cops as thugs, then no matter what they do, they are gonna look like thugs.

Put his career at risk? Nah. He is going back to taser class because he didnt do it right.Nothing more, nothing less.
    sigmanluke likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Moderator
    I don't know if this is current Alabama law but it is what I have handy right now

To further provide for criminal offenses by persons incarcerated or in custody at jails or correctional facilities; to specify the crime of assault with a body fluid or body waste; to provide for criminal penalties; and in connection therewith would have as its purpose or effect the requirement of a new or increased expenditure of local funds within the meaning of Amendment 621 of the Constitution of Alabama of 1901.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF ALABAMA:

Section 1. (a) Any person incarcerated or in custody at a jail or state correctional facility who knowingly and willfully commits an assault with any body fluid or body waste upon a law enforcement officer, jailer, or correctional officer or an employee of the Department of Corrections or the jail while the officer or employee is engaged in the performance of his or her duty shall be guilty of a Class C felony and shall be punished as provided by law.

(b) Each violation of subsection (a) shall be considered a separate offense subject to separate penalties.

(c) This section shall be construed together with all other crimes or offenses against corrections officers and employees.

(d) If the offense is committed against a county or municipal officer or employee or if the offense occurs while the offending person is in a county or municipal jail, any fines collected as punishment for a violation of this section shall be paid to the general fund of the county or municipality where the offending person was held to be expended for the operation of the county or municipal jail where the offense occurred.

Section 2. Although this bill would have as its purpose or effect the requirement of a new or increased expenditure of local funds, the bill is excluded from further requirements and application under Amendment 621 because the bill defines a new crime or amends the definition of an existing crime.
    ClutchSR9C likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

That is who i want with a gun walking around enforcing the law.
    If its any consolation, hes most likely a terrible shot, divorced and an alcoholic. Most powermongering LEOs are.

Yeah, she's lucky he didn't give her a Cracker Barrel beat down like ol Troy West did on Tasha Hill for a similar offense.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    If its any consolation, hes most likely a terrible shot, divorced and an alcoholic. Most powermongering LEOs are.
    If I was supposed to take getting spit in the face like getting a government hand out I'd probably drink too.

Senior Moderator
    If its any consolation, I dont know of any LEO's in this area that are alcoholics. When they get to that stage, they usually dont last long.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Administering electronic punishment will not go well for him.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have been spit on, and everyone of them regretted their choice to assault me. Nobody assaults me and get by with it, those are my rules. Don't like the rules, then don't assault me.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    That's an idiotic statement. I am not even saying he is a bad guy. Just that if he shows poor judgment in that situation I would not trust him in a more dire situation. Not being able to shoot is not the reason why folks don't make it through certain programs. It is the decision making process and emotional control that gets them the boot.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    the guy looked pretty calm and collected to me when he zapped her.
    And that makes it better?!? Don't diseect what I said, you know what I mean. Fine, we will say the man is the pinacle of control. That makes him a LEO taking the law into his own hands. He can not dispense justice and then put in a complaint about it also which you know he woould. His report would say she assaulted him by spitting on him. He did not taze her to control her. In short, he was not doing his job.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    He didn't seem upset. In fact, it looked to me like he was subduing an unruly drunk in a humane, non-injuring way.
    The person was already restrained. He was in cuffs.

Michael

JD
    Administrator
    And that makes it better?!? Don't diseect what I said, you know what I mean. Fine, we will say the man is the pinacle of control. That makes him a LEO taking the law into his own hands. He can not dispense justice and then put in a complaint about it also which you know he woould. His report would say she assaulted him by spitting on him. He did not taze her to control her. In short, he was not doing his job.

All I'm saying is that he didn't look like he lost his cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    All I'm saying is that he didn't look like he lost his cool.

Senior Moderator
    He may have acted within dept. guidelines. It was already looked at by his superiors and the remedial action was that he has to attend Taser training again. The fact that he is only receiving that action more or less says that he was doing his job.

He would have put the fact that he tased her in his report. With the video backup, it's pretty cut and dried. Anything else is speculation and opinion.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links