Officer tases handcuffed woman for spitting on him

This is a discussion on Officer tases handcuffed woman for spitting on him within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's my take on this as a Police Officer: She assaulted the Officer, if her hands were not already restrained, what other method of assaulting ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Officer tases handcuffed woman for spitting on him

VIP Member
    Here's my take on this as a Police Officer:

She assaulted the Officer, if her hands were not already restrained, what other method of assaulting him might she have chosen? She used the weapon(?) she had available to her at the time. This Officer's use of force to further control the woman would not have violated any of my department policies.....

As far as the disciplinary actions against the Officer, I have seen departments give discipline just to appease the public, not because it was necessary. Perhaps the suspension is this type of punishment.

Just sayin'
    64zebra and Mike1956 like this.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Ah, the old 'there is a law but I am not sure of it' trick. I think Maxwell Smart used that line once.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    And the point is? Everybody knows what she did was wrong. The point is the LEO IMO and others abused his authority. Charge with the felony and let the courst deal with it. Now all you did was make LEO's look like thugs in the eyes of many and will most likely cost the city money
    I was merely pointing out that, in North Carolina, not only is it against the law to spit on an LEO, it is a felony. You opened that door. I'm not taking any sides on this one, I can see good and bad points on both sides.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Hate me if you will, but when I saw her spit on him I laughed, then the tazer came out and I laughed even harder. Sometimes people just do not understand that some games are going to hurt.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links