Where were the Marine Embassy Guards?? - Page 4

Where were the Marine Embassy Guards??

This is a discussion on Where were the Marine Embassy Guards?? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Richard58 What good are they then? You would have to ask Obama....his rules....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Where were the Marine Embassy Guards??

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    What good are they then?
    You would have to ask Obama....his rules.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    You would have to ask Obama....his rules.
    Correction: It is the Ambassador's call on the ammunition dictate.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Here's a bit from a British Publication:

Revealed: inside story of US envoy's assassination - World Politics - World - The Independent

Says U.S. was warned 48 hours in advance. Sensitive documents removed from consulate including names of of Libyans who are working with Americans.

Air traffic from Whitman AFB has really picked up. Especially the B2. It has been our all night tonight. Wonder what's up with that? I know several of our military friends are being prepared for Africa....have been for a few months now. And Obama complained about Bush? He may have thought Bush was a hawk....but I think Obama is a chicken hawk....heavy on the chicken.

I don't know if it has been said here, but two of the four killed where former Navy Seals. I think they were the security. There is more than meets the eye on this entire incident.
    There is more than meets the eye because the security was partially staffed by ex-SeALS?
    Last edited by suntzu; September 14th, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Wissam Buhmeid, the commander of the Tripoli government-sanctioned Libya's Shield Brigade,... The deaths are all nothing compared to insulting the Prophet."

This is just sick. Thinking there should be new rules of engagement and hardware issued to all security personnel in countries with large Muslim populations.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Rumor has it that the Marines were all given a bag of rocks to throw in case of trouble rather than ammunition....

David did pretty good with the rocks he used against Goliath God Bless

Distinguished Member
    Air traffic from Whitman AFB has really picked up. Especially the B2. It has been our all night tonight. Wonder what's up with that? I know several of our military friends are being prepared for Africa....have been for a few months now. And Obama complained about Bush? He may have thought Bush was a hawk....but I think Obama is a chicken hawk....heavy on the chicken.

I don't know if it has been said here, but two of the four killed where former Navy Seals. I think they were the security. There is more than meets the eye on this entire incident.
    The night before Desert Storm we were living off base in Germany. Woke up to a C5 overhead getting ready to land in Ramstein. Then another, and another, and another... Turned to my wife and said, "Here it goes!".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Distinguished Member
    I'm finding that if you read the entire thread, many of the questions asked have already been answered.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Here's a bit from a British Publication:

Revealed: inside story of US envoy's assassination - World Politics - World - The Independent

Says U.S. was warned 48 hours in advance. Sensitive documents removed from consulate including names of of Libyans who are working with Americans.
    I would take this article - and pretty much everything else you see/read - with a large grain of salt. This particular piece says that two Marines were killed in Benghazi, and that is incorrect. There are some other minor mistakes of nomenclature and such that cast doubt on the veracity of the article as a whole.
    aznav and RichB70 like this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I would take this article - and pretty much everything else you see/read - with a large grain of salt. This particular piece says that two Marines were killed in Benghazi, and that is incorrect. There are some other minor mistakes of nomenclature and such that cast doubt on the veracity of the article as a whole.
    With your background, I fully believe you on this.
    But the frustrating thing is that there is so little coming from US news sources.
    And it would seem that politics and political leanings are playing a significant role in that.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

VIP Member
    Yeah, I'm frustrated by the lack of details/wrong details as well. But we have to remember that this happened in the middle of the night, far away, and that the witnesses (Libyan) will be hard to get to and generally unreliable, while the witnesses (American) will have their debriefings kept secret at least in the short time. We can extrapolate certain information from the delay in releasing the names of the other two KIAs. We can (well, I guess I can) surmise some other things based on what I know about how these things generally work. But there are still a LOT of things that I don't know, and a lot of questions that I have about things. Time, I think, will answer a lot of these questions, though the media may not be asking them ere too long. The politics need to be removed from the discussion for now, until we figure out what happened, and take the APPROPRIATE steps to prevent it from happening again - which it seems it is...
    pgrass101 and aznav like this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

JD
    Administrator
    'Arab Fall': LIVE timeline of anti-US rage (PHOTOS) — RT

23:55 GMT: The two "Marines" killed in the attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi were identified as former Navy SEAL commandos Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods. They had been working as security officers.

Shocker:
    15:36 GMT: Libya’s deputy interior minister Wanis al-Sharef says the attack that killed four Americans in Libya was an organized two-part operation by heavily armed militants that included a timed raid on a secret safe house just as Libyan and US security forces were arriving to evacuate consulate staff. He says the attacks were suspected to have been timed to mark the 9/11 anniversary and that militants used civilians protesting an anti-Islam film to cover for their actions. The official said there may be a "spy" within the security forces since militants knew the safe house's location.

Senior Moderator
    Let's keep politics out of this thread.

For now we cannot blame this on the current administration, no more than we can blame the 9/11 attacks on the Bush Administration.

The fault for this lies with radical Islam, and those who will use religion to stoke the fires of hatered for their own personal gain.

If we want to blame an administration for the current unrest we should start with Carter and Reagan for not responding forcefully enough in Iran or Lebanon, Truman for the divison of Palestine, even Ensinhower for installing the Shah of Iran, or Woodrow Wilson and David Llyod George (British PM) for createing the modern Middle East after WWI.

We do not have enough information yet to lay blame at anyones feet. Listen to OPFOR he knows what he is talking about.
    aznav, msgt/ret, wmhawth and 1 others like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Moderator
    According to Snopes the Marines in cario were carrying live ammo

snopes.com: Cairo Embassy
    Last edited by pgrass101; September 14th, 2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: JD reminded my that Marines always starts witha "M" and not "m"
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Let's keep politics out of this thread.

For now we cannot blame this on the current administration, no more than we can blame the 9/11 attacks on the Bush Administration.

The fault for this lies with radical Islam, and those who will use religion to stoke the fires of hatered for their own personal gain.

If we want to blame an administration for the current unrest we should start with Carter and Reagan for not responding forcefully enough in Iran or Lebanon, Truman for the divison of Palestine, even Ensinhower for installing the Shah of Iran, or Woodrow Wilson and David Llyod George (British PM) for createing the modern Middle East after WWI.

We do not have enough information yet to lay blame at anyones feet. Listen to OPFOR he knows what he is talking about.
    Touché!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links