Where were the Marine Embassy Guards?? - Page 5

Where were the Marine Embassy Guards??

This is a discussion on Where were the Marine Embassy Guards?? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by pgrass101 According to Snopes the marines in cario were carrying live ammo snopes.com: Cairo Embassy Yeah, I can see almost no situation ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Where were the Marine Embassy Guards??

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    According to Snopes the marines in cario were carrying live ammo

snopes.com: Cairo Embassy
    Yeah, I can see almost no situation where the MSGs would be forcibly disarmed by the Ambassador. The whole story stank of internet rumor BS...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

After shocks of the 1980's.
    The region has been screwed up since the days of Ceasar. U.S. and British interference over the past century have not improved things. What we are seeing now is the consequences of "protecting our national interests" in that region. I think our last, best chance to "fix" things was with Charlie Wilson and his operations. If we had helped rebuild what had been destroyed fighting our proxy wars we might have earned some good will from the locals.
    Because politicians for the last hundred years from both sides didn't want to pay the bills then, we are paying for it now.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Cut off aid for a year so they can see just what their gov't does for them and what our gov't does for them.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Cut off aid for a year so they can see just what their gov't does for them and what our gov't does for them.
    Our govt mostly gives their government military aid. Anything that is not military aid is still given to their governments. The money never trickles down to the people.

And, many on this forum thought it was a great idea to get rid of Khaddafi, Hussein, and other leaders. See how great that is turning out for us? If anyone thinks that if and when there is a new Syrian gvt that this kind of things will not happen is stoned.

The fact is the people like US when we help overthrow an oppressive gvt. They do not like the US for any other reason.

Does anyone else see the parrells here and what happend in the 60's and 70's? We helped overthrow gvt's and replaced them with ones that we felt would be loyal to us. The problem is the PEOPLE of those countries resented the US in many cases and did not like the new gvt's either.
    aznav likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Do you suppose that totally amateurish anti_Muslim movie is the beginning of a false flag operation, just a designed excuse to stir up trouble among the locals, and beyond?
    I don't recommend watching this. I did and I had to spend a few hours "cleaning up" my computer. It is not worth it.

If THIS is why the chaos around the world....it is a poor excuse. It is a bad movie, not because of the subject matter. If that were the reason, Christians would be going after "South Park" or "Family Guy". If that were a valid reason there should have been world wide massacres after "Boogie Nights".....now THAT is a bad movie.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Do you really think that doesn't come from the Administration? The one who appoints them?
    I have worked with Embassy staff at all levels....Please stop blaming the administration on things you do not know anything about. This is not meant to be an insult. OPFOR, I, and others have experience with Embassy staff and security at different levels. If the Ambassador thinks there is a threat he/she will dictate the appropriate steps to take.

If you don't like Obama there are plenty of valid things to pin blame on him.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

Not quite that easy. As has been mentioned a lot of that aid is military in the form of hardware. Hardware manufactured by American labor and shipped by American companies. It is not like there is a big alternative market for F-16s. When big orders get canceled Americans lose jobs.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member
    What bothers me with this, and frankly, with every well-intentioned program we are financing or want to finance is...WE ARE BROKE!! We are not just broke, we are in a hole. And it wasn't started by this administration. We have been financially raped by both sides of the aisle since Johnson broke the social security piggy bank in '66. We don't have any money for aid, for ss, or even our military. Black and white: The government collects roughly two trillion bucks a year in taxes (people, businesses, etc). And guess what our interest is just this year on our debt? That's right, two trillion dollars. So how do we get the money to finance all these programs, let alone keep the government floating? Why, we borrow it!

I give us two years max and probably less. It won't matter who wins. Just yesterday the administration, against every form of wise fiscal responsibility, gave the green light to print more money. Don't worry, Europe is doing the same. And here comes hyperinflation. Fasten your seat belts. You ain't seen nothing yet.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I wonder how the responding Marines and equipment actually get into the surrounded Embassies. Not asking for anyone to break opsec, just wondering out loud.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I wonder how the responding Marines and equipment actually get into the surrounded Embassies. Not asking for anyone to break opsec, just wondering out loud.
    Helicopters.....but every situation is different depending the hostilities at the time, government support with their security forces, avenues of approach.....METT-T......

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Our govt mostly gives their government military aid. Anything that is not military aid is still given to their governments. The money never trickles down to the people.

And, many on this forum thought it was a great idea to get rid of Khaddafi, Hussein, and other leaders. See how great that is turning out for us? If anyone thinks that if and when there is a new Syrian gvt that this kind of things will not happen is stoned.

The fact is the people like US when we help overthrow an oppressive gvt. They do not like the US for any other reason.

Does anyone else see the parrells here and what happend in the 60's and 70's? We helped overthrow gvt's and replaced them with ones that we felt would be loyal to us. The problem is the PEOPLE of those countries resented the US in many cases and did not like the new gvt's either.
    That is so on the money. When I think of the billions (trillions?) we have poured down those ratholes I could puke. I can think of three countries that genuinely love America: South Korea, Holland, and Denmark. Maybe England and maybe the Philippines.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Didn't the Philippines kick us out?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Didn't the Philippines kick us out?
    My bad. They did but I know that post WWII they were very pro US. I think there's a remnant of that left. I'm also guessing they'd take us back, considering where their economy is.

Phillipines was the same situation that we do all the time....we support the government (Marco's at the time) so we can have bases there but we keep forgetting the PEOPLE of these countries don't want us there. Many time they see us as the masters of their government who usually are repressive and don't take care of them.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Phillipines was the same situation that we do all the time....we support the government (Marco's at the time) so we can have bases there but we keep forgetting the PEOPLE of these countries don't want us there. Many time they see us as the masters of their government who usually are repressive and don't take care of them.
    Yes, but we're kind oppressors...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links