Where were the Marine Embassy Guards?? - Page 6

Where were the Marine Embassy Guards??

This is a discussion on Where were the Marine Embassy Guards?? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Aznav: Interest on the debt is around $200 billion, not $2 trillion. That's plenty bad when you consider what will happen when interest rates rise ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Where were the Marine Embassy Guards??

Aznav: Interest on the debt is around $200 billion, not $2 trillion. That's plenty bad when you consider what will happen when interest rates rise or the fact that we are borrowing 1-1.5 trillion more every year (nearly 40% of our budget is borrowed).

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nazshooter View Post
    Aznav: Interest on the debt is around $200 billion, not $2 trillion. That's plenty bad when you consider what will happen when interest rates rise or the fact that we are borrowing 1-1.5 trillion more every year (nearly 40% of our budget is borrowed).

Au contraire my friend!

United States Budget Dilemma.wmv - YouTube
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

The security protocols and so called "rules of engagement" in Libya were changed drastically not too long ago. Right after Quadaffi was killed in the streets. The State Dept. (Hillary Clinton), part of the Obama administration wanted a small footprint in Libya. No Marines at the Embassy.

Also, Ambassador Stevens was not at the Embassy when he was assaulted, abducted and killed. The US Embassy is in Tripoli. He was at the US Mission in Benghazi. A completely less secure location. There were no Marines present at either the Embassy in Tripoli and certainly not at the Mission in Benghazi.

There are serious concerns as why Ambassador Stevens was posted to be at the less secure Mission in Benghazi on the anniversary of 9/11/01 and not at the Embassy in Tripoli which, even though there were no Marines, at least it is supposedly a more secure compound. The Mission in Benghazi is described as a building no more secure than an outhouse. No beefed up construction, no bullet proof glass in the windows etc.

The personal protection security detail for Ambassador Stevens were private contractors which consisted of the two former Navy Seals and another former military member.

Again, the No Live Ammo and No US Marines posted in Libya was part of the "New Security Protocols" which were enacted after the death of Quadaffi, were at the construct of the US State Dept. and approved by SecState Clinton.

Read Col. David Hunt's interview for Breitbart here.

I couldn't help but notice how stunned and haggard Hillary looks following all of this. As far as I'm concerned, she knows deep inside her heart the responsibility she bears for the death of the Ambassador and his security contingent. The Administration's foreign policy in the middle east has been an abject failure in my humble opinion and I saw it coming way back earlier this year when the so called "Arab Spring" broke out. It sure wasn't hard to see the writing on the wall at that time.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Moderator
    We have on this forum our own OPFOR who guards embassies in real life and who knows more that some talking head on TV. I would suggest not relying on right wing media for accurate information, it is just as bad as left wing media. You can listen to both or foregin news sources.

Marine spokesman at Pentagon Lt Col Chris Hughes says these reports are NOT true. This is on the record:

“The Ambassador and RSO have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. No restrictions on weapons or weapons status have been imposed. This information comes from the Det Commander at AMEMB Cairo.”
    As reported on FOX news.

So who are you going to believe, someone who wasn't there or the Commander of the Marine Detachment Guarding the Emabassy in Cario?
    aznav likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Aznav: That's a good video but it supports my numbers rather than yours. Pause it at 1:55 and look at the "interest" line.

Senior Moderator
    Barkn,

The USMC said it had guards at the embassy in Tripoli
    "Marine Corps spokeswoman Capt. Kendra Motz said that Marines were not posted to the consulate, unlike the embassy in the capital, Tripoli.
    Read more: Ambassador Stevens killed at site with no Marines - Philip Ewing and Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

Just not at the consulate. I do not trust Briebrat as he is the only one saying this and he has a declared political agenda. If the Marines weren't there we will hear it from the Marines. If you don't believe that Marines speak up ask some of our marine members here.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Well, Brietbart isn't saying much of anything these days because he's dead.

And as I said, whether there were Marines or not at the Embassy in Tripoli, the Embassy is not where the assassination took place. The abduction and assassination took place at the Mission in Benghazi, where a complete lack of security existed. I posted the question that on the anniversary of 9/11/01, what the heck was Ambassador Stevens doing being posted in Benghazi?

As a former Marine myself, I am certainly not criticizing Marines in any way. Only the lack of forethought on the part of the administration for not seeing all this coming. I stand by my comment that the administrations foreign policy in the middle east is an abject failure on epic proportions.

Trust me, this will all come out in the end. Especially after all the FOIA requested documents have been complied with.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Moderator
    This thread has taken a turn into politics and is now closed

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links