Recieved a letter in the mail from HLS today.

This is a discussion on Recieved a letter in the mail from HLS today. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Rock and Glock Required reading for everyone here: The Trial by Franz Kafka. Ya'll are lightweights. Glad the matters are all resolved. ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Recieved a letter in the mail from HLS today.

I might be a lightweight but...

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Required reading for everyone here: The Trial by Franz Kafka. Ya'll are lightweights.

Glad the matters are all resolved.
    At least my novel will be completed unlike Kafka’s who's descriptions of law and legality; which are often treated as metaphors for things other than law, but also are worthy of examination as a particular concept of law and legality which operates paradoxically as an integral part of the human condition under modernity.
    RussP at GlockTalk is a Troll!

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    In a recent study based on Kafka's office writings,[2] Reza Banakar points out that many of Kafka’s descriptions of law and legality are often treated as metaphors for things other than law, but also are worthy of examination as a particular concept of law and legality which operates paradoxically as an integral part of the human condition under modernity.[3] Josef K. and his inexplicable experience of the law in The Trial were, for example, influenced by an actual legal case in which Kafka was involved
    Straight from The Trial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Kafka’s who's descriptions of law and legality; which are often treated as metaphors for things other than law
    The more you think about this, the more you realize the truth in this with respect to modern governance.

VIP Member
    pla·gia·rism noun

an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author
    Synonyms: appropriation, infringement, piracy, counterfeiting; theft, borrowing, cribbing, passing off.

Glad the matters are all resolved.
    MeanAction - you get a gold star for chasing the boondoggle to termination and extinction. Just keep copies of everything for future reference.
    Paymeister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    pla·gia·rism noun

an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author
    Synonyms: appropriation, infringement, piracy, counterfeiting; theft, borrowing, cribbing, passing off.
    Busted....lmao!
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Thanks again for all the advice and encouragment. I have been reinstated and I actually made out pretty good. They accidentally returned 2 of the 3 money orders. One for $25 and one for $12.50. So, I went to kroger and got those bad boys refunded. All in all it cost me about $25 and several days of worring and a little driving around and some phone calls.
    RussP at GlockTalk is a Troll!

Re: Recieved a letter in the mail from HLS today.

I have a relative that went through something somewhat similar. He was arrested for DUI but the charges were dropped the following day. Apparently that arrest was enough to get his drivers license suspended and he never could get it back. After years of fighting he ended up moving to another state.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nazshooter View Post
    I have a relative that went through something somewhat similar. He was arrested for DUI but the charges were dropped the following day. Apparently that arrest was enough to get his drivers license suspended and he never could get it back. After years of fighting he ended up moving to another state.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Our legal/court system has been broken for a long time. Too many bureaucrats who won't take responsibility for their own work...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links