DHS Ammo Buy-up

This is a discussion on DHS Ammo Buy-up within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anybody have any ideas of why DHS is buying so much ammo? What are they preparing for? DHS Purchases 200 Million More Rounds of ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Bad Bob
  • 1 Post By mcp1810
  • 2 Post By mcp1810

Thread: DHS Ammo Buy-up

DHS Ammo Buy-up

Anybody have any ideas of why DHS is buying so much ammo? What are they preparing for?

DHS Purchases 200 Million More Rounds of Ammunition Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

2. Remove Ads

The end is near????
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Well, all of the government agencies are jumping on the zombie bandwagon, not to mention gun manufacturers. It started with the CDC so Id say maybe they may not be just using pop-culture for awareness on "disaster prep." The zombie apocolypse is really coming! Just saying.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    End of fiscal year spending spree. It was common in the service for any remaining fiscal year budget (ending Sept. 30th) to be spent on anything and everything. The thought was that if what was alloted for the year wasn't spent, the budget would be cut for the following fiscal year. Accurate or not, it happened every Sept. while I served.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Or, they could be prepping to help out the UN enforce the Global Gun Control Treaty.

DHS is comprised of 37 Agencies who carry guns. They shoot that much ammo every year between practice and qualifications. I know in just the Border Patrol we would go through 30-40 million rounds a year.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Maybe they got a coupon for buy one get one free with no limit on it and they just couldn't say no.
    mlr1m likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Knowing how much I alone can spend on ammo at the range a year, I have no doubt that DHS is just buying ammo that they need for all their agents for field use and range time.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Seriously this is Alex Jones. Lets do a little critical thinking and take a look at what they wrote.
    As James Smith over at the Prepper Podcast website highlights, “It is the type of ammunition and not necessarily the quantity that is troubling.”

Smith points out that the DHS’ acquisition of .308 rounds is of concern because they are set to be used by well-trained snipers.

“All of the sniper grade ammunition is being used by trained, or in-the-process-of-being-trained snipers,” writes Smith, noting that the math adds up to 135,384 potential kills for the snipers to make, using the 176,000 rounds of ammunition, basing the figures on the fact that United States Army and Marine Corps snipers in the Vietnam War expended 1.3 rounds of ammunition for each claimed and verified kill.
    Those 135,384 potential kills don't factor in training! If training a new sniper takes 1,000 rounds that means they could train 176 new snipers over the next four years! But that does not leave any ammo for current snipers to practice or qualify with. Or for them to kill people with.

Regarding the .40 ammo.....
    The DHS’ decision back in March to purchase of 450 million rounds of .40-caliber hollow point bullets that are designed to expand upon entry and cause maximum organ damage prompted questions as to why the federal agency required such powerful bullets and in such large quantities merely for training purposes.
    Most departments I am familiar with train and qualify with their issue duty load. That way they have similar function, recoil, point of impact relative to point of aim, and you don't run the risk of someone hitting the street with "training" ammo in their weapon. It also simplifies logistics in that they only have to account for and order one type of ammo for each type of weapon.

This was followed up by a more recent order for a further 750 million rounds of assorted ammunition, including bullets that can penetrate walls.
    OMG! Bullets that can penetrate walls! Those must be those super special ones like we can get at Walmart! Yes, hunks of lead going real fast will go through sheet rock. I would be more interested if they were spending my tax dollars on bullets that could not penetrate walls.

Having recently acquired riot gear, the DHS also purchased a number of bullet-proof checkpoint booths that include ‘stop and go’ lights.

Last year, Department of Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano directed ICE to prepare for a mass influx of immigrants into the United States, calling for the plan to deal with the “shelter” and “processing” of large numbers of people.
    Discussed in multiple other threads. DHS has purchased enough riot gear to secure a basketball court. IIRC the purchase was for about 145 suits. The checkpoint booths are the kind you put at the entrance (or exit) of a parking garage or driveway. And imagine ICE being told to get ready to "shelter" (detain) and "process" (deport) a large number of people.
    The U.S. Army has also been preparing for domestic disorder.

A recently leaked US Army Military Police training manual for “Civil Disturbance Operations” outlines how military assets are to be used domestically to quell riots, confiscate firearms and even kill Americans on U.S. soil during mass civil unrest.

On page 20 of the manual, rules regarding the use of “deadly force” in confronting “dissidents” are made disturbingly clear with the directive that a, “Warning shot will not be fired.”
    Recently leaked. Gotta love that. It has (in its current edition) been available from the government printing office since 2006. How troops will be used is that they will secure federal facilities. Those rules state that the minimum force necessary shall be used. That with very few specific exceptions (securing nuclear weapons etc) that if a commander can not achieve his objective without the use of deadly force the mission must be delayed until sufficient non lethal assets are on hand. The bit about warning shots is just like they teach in a concealed carry class. You only shoot to protect yourself and you don't fire warning shots.
    pittypat21 and Harvester like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Seriously this is Alex Jones. Lets do a little critical thinking and take a look at what they wrote.

Those 135,384 potential kills don't factor in training! If training a new sniper takes 1,000 rounds that means they could train 176 new snipers over the next four years! But that does not leave any ammo for current snipers to practice or qualify with. Or for them to kill people with.

Regarding the .40 ammo.....

Most departments I am familiar with train and qualify with their issue duty load. That way they have similar function, recoil, point of impact relative to point of aim, and you don't run the risk of someone hitting the street with "training" ammo in their weapon. It also simplifies logistics in that they only have to account for and order one type of ammo for each type of weapon.

OMG! Bullets that can penetrate walls! Those must be those super special ones like we can get at Walmart! Yes, hunks of lead going real fast will go through sheet rock. I would be more interested if they were spending my tax dollars on bullets that could not penetrate walls.

Discussed in multiple other threads. DHS has purchased enough riot gear to secure a basketball court. IIRC the purchase was for about 145 suits. The checkpoint booths are the kind you put at the entrance (or exit) of a parking garage or driveway. And imagine ICE being told to get ready to "shelter" (detain) and "process" (deport) a large number of people.

Recently leaked. Gotta love that. It has (in its current edition) been available from the government printing office since 2006. How troops will be used is that they will secure federal facilities. Those rules state that the minimum force necessary shall be used. That with very few specific exceptions (securing nuclear weapons etc) that if a commander can not achieve his objective without the use of deadly force the mission must be delayed until sufficient non lethal assets are on hand. The bit about warning shots is just like they teach in a concealed carry class. You only shoot to protect yourself and you don't fire warning shots.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I believe the "kill ratio" today should be much better than in Vietnam era. We have learned a lot since then and the rifles and equipment are light years ahead of the late 1960s.

In order to become a proficient shooter or "sniper" one must spend lots of time and ammo learning and practice.

The big question is how much is too much? I don't know. Personally I don't think I will ever have enough ammo.

Links