Another reason I don't go to Mexico

This is a discussion on Another reason I don't go to Mexico within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's been known that there are Mexican Cops that cooperate with drug gangs,even going so far as to "Arrest" people that later show up dead ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Another reason I don't go to Mexico

Another reason I don't go to Mexico

It's been known that there are Mexican Cops that cooperate with drug gangs,even going so far as to "Arrest" people that later show up dead by the side of the road.
    35 Mexican police officers arrested for alleged links to the Zetas : News : ValleyCentral.com
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    There is nothing in Mexico I need or desire to go see with the country in its current state of affairs.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I used to go, but they are due for some improvements, so I'm not holding my breath.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    You can see all of the Mexicans you want too by just going to Walmart. You don't have to go to Mexico to see them.
    RichB70, cbp210, Poseidon and 3 others like this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

What do you expect out of a third world crud hole with no rule of law...................... kind of like what were turning into.
    cbp210 and BurgerBoy like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch1951 View Post
    What do you expect out of a third world crud hole with no rule of law...................... kind of like what were turning into.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    There is nothing in Mexico I need or desire to go see with the country in its current state of affairs.

^^^^^^Bingo^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is unfortunate, in that it is virtually like almost any other country on earth, in that the people, for the most part wish to lead a productive, peaceful life, in a safe place to raise their family, and the government is the problem, in allowing many, if not all branches from within, to operate in as corrupt a manner as possible, so as to get as much out of "It" as they can before "It's" gone.
    cbp210, Dutch1951 and BurgerBoy like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

There's still Mexicans in Mexico?? I thought they were all here in California.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Nope. They are plenty of them in Kentucky too.
    Poseidon likes this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Nope. They are plenty of them in Kentucky too.
    I think we got the overflow from both Ky and Tn.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Why they don't stop griping about their problematic country and fix it (like we did in the late 1700s) is beyond me.

Instead they come here and try to convert the US into what they already have at home...Kind of like Californian transplants...Hmmm....
    Dutch1951 and cbp210 like this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

What you need to realize is that the Zetas, ARE the government of northern Mexico. For all intents and purposes the Mexican government has no presence in northern Mexico. Realistically, Zeta territory should be considered a separate nation to Mexico.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Mexico is like an active war zone. The cartel goal is to make it in the news by committing atrocities. atleast those mexicans are proficient at picking lettuce and roofing and they are cheep. the house i used to live in has around 20 illegals living in it and the house is in a upscale neighborhood

Notice how dry it is?

Think of most 'problem areas' in the world ... I keep coming back to 'dry' or 'stupid humid & hot'.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    You can see all of the Mexicans you want too by just going to Walmart. You don't have to go to Mexico to see them.
    I don't find it to be an authentic experience. I cannot tell (by looking) if the person is a Mexican or a Hispanic American. Honestly, I don't think that such a superpower exists.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

So long as they keep shipping tequila north, I don't need to go there.
    OldVet, P5, Poseidon and 1 others like this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Why they don't stop griping about their problematic country and fix it (like we did in the late 1700s) is beyond me.
    I have been all over Mexico and was in D.F. and Queretaro last month. They have all the natural resources to be a self sufficient, strong country. The problem is corruption that starts with the government and then the people do the same. Remember the Swiss bank accounts of previous Presidents? That's where the money goes instead of the amount needed for infrastructure repairs. The people need to have a revolution but they won't. It's easier to just come here and deal with being illegal.

You also need to keep in mind that Mexicans can't legally own guns like we do here and for the most part feel helpless against government and gangs. I love going there but feel naked without being armed even though I have never had or have I seen a problem personally. While there innocentcent victims, it seems to always start with the ones playing with the cartels whether it's gang on gang or gang on the snitch that crossed them, corrupt police included. Like here, most of that stuff happens in known areas after midnight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links