Border Patrol Agents Shot, One Killed

This is a discussion on Border Patrol Agents Shot, One Killed within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not many details yet: Homeland Security says Border Patrol agent killed - Yahoo! News...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveWorkman

Thread: Border Patrol Agents Shot, One Killed

VIP Member

Border Patrol Agents Shot, One Killed

"Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

2. Remove Ads

Godspeed, agent. Prayers to the family.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Bless his sacrifice, bless his family, honor his memory. He gave it all...for us.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I'm working this story and here's what I have so far

Border agents shot, 1 dead near border station named for Brian Terry

Two Border Patrol agents were shot and one was killed Tuesday morning in southern Arizona near Naco, where the patrol station named in honor of slain agent Brian Terry was dedicated recently.

Border agents shot, 1 dead near border station named for Brian Terry - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

The wounded agent was hit in the buttocks and ankle and a third agent was not hit. So far, no guns have been reportedly recovered. A Univision reporter is already asking whether any Fast & Furious guns might be linked to this.
    Pistology likes this.

My condolence and prayers to him and his family. I hope this scumbag is sought for justice to be served.

VIP Member
    RIP Officer Nicholas Ivie.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Rip brother!
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

VIP Member

VIP Member

The FBI says the two border patrol agents most likely shot each other. The FBI is says "friendly fire" was likely to blame for the death of the agent. i love the way the FBI spins this as an "accidental" blue on blue. Accident, i don't think so; someone messed up big time.

http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-strong-sig...081636733.html

PHOENIX (AP) — Friendly fire likely was to blame in a shooting near the Arizona-Mexico line that killed one federal agent and wounded another, the FBI said, noting the investigation was still ongoing in the case that reignited the political debate over border security.
    .................................................. ...................................

Federal investigators used ballistic testing to determine that the shootings likely resulted from friendly fire, According to the Cochise County Sheriff's Office, which is assisting the FBI in the probe.

Jeffrey D. Self, commander of Customs and Border Protection's Joint Field Command-Arizona, said that despite the initial findings that the shootings appeared accidental, Ivie still "gave the ultimate sacrifice and died serving his country."

"The fact is the work of the Border Patrol is dangerous," Self said at a news conference in Tucson.

While federal authorities declined to offer details of the shooting, George McCubbin, president of the National Border Patrol Council, said all three agents fired their weapons.

McCubbin told The Arizona Republic that the agents had split up as they investigated the sensor alarm. "Coming in from different angles, that is more than likely how it ended up happening," he said.

When the final report comes out it will show that loss of control of a M6 on full auto caused the event - just an unfortunate accident.
    “To see what is right and not do it, is want of courage”. Confucius

Links