Another Border Patrol Shooting.

This is a discussion on Another Border Patrol Shooting. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; However several witnesses say Alvarado's car was backing away from the agent as he opened fire. "That is very critical because that would contradict the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Another Border Patrol Shooting.

VIP Member
    However several witnesses say Alvarado's car was backing away from the agent as he opened fire.

"That is very critical because that would contradict the officer's statement that he was in danger and needed to use deadly force," said Von Helms.
    I would question the witness’s statements; I seriously doubt backing away would cause the agent to land on the hood.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    The one thing that I have to add is the statement made by the husband which he seems like he is advocating shooting the border patrol agent. I understand he is upset with his loss but come one. I also noticed the image he portrayed himself and it seems this guy is a gang type. Did anyone come to the same conclusion?
    Gang type ? I saw no bandanas, or gang "colors". Because he has tattoos? Because he his hispanic? I have tattoos. Would you think I am in a gang?

It is definitely not okay to promote violence, or say that the officer should "get shot" as he did. But saying he wanted the guy killed, does not=/=gang member. The guy is clearly "off-his-rocker" or something if he honestly believes his wife was 100% innocent. We could debate on weather lethal force was justified. I will not say either way. I was not there, and I am not a trained law-enforcement officer.
    I watched the video, they played an ad, and showed another video. The guy says in the first video that she was "innocent", in the second video he says "wheres the evidence that my wife threatened a trained officer?" , um ghee,...maybe the BODY-SHAPED DENT IN THE WINDSHIELD.

People are absolutely ridiculous.

I knew California was a bit "nutty", but apparently some californians believe running over people,...particularly federal agents is a perfectly "innocent" thing to do.

It is also interesting to note that he mentions using "lethal force" (the firearm the agent used), is a car not lethal force? Can shooting someone leave them injured or hurt, just like running over them could?
    Tayopo likes this.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Duh, me too. IF she did it that way it was a good shoot (and the 10 bullet holes in the windshield lends credence to his version, not the witness's) but my point was only that the incident begs for further investigation rather than blindly accepting the agent's.
    No one is accepting the word of anyone blindly. You just have to look at the physical evidence to see who is telling the truth, there is your DUH..How much more investigation do you need.. The bold is even a bigger DUH....IF you have a problem with law enforcement just say so. Ducking around the issue is petty.
    40Bob likes this.

Ladies & Gentlemen, she was being picked up for parole violation, some tend to become irrational upon facing going back to prision, she obviously did, and paid for it.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    No one is accepting the word of anyone blindly. You just have to look at the physical evidence to see who is telling the truth, there is your DUH..How much more investigation do you need.. The bold is even a bigger DUH....IF you have a problem with law enforcement just say so. Ducking around the issue is petty.
    Wow, way to get the wrong read. And I'm the one that typed the bold statement, so clearly I recognized it as worth noting. Unwad your undergarments... I have no issue with law enforcement and I don't duck around anything. All I said is (in reply to someone who said there was no need for an investigation) was when witness testimony and LEO testimony conflict you have to investigate it.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Wow, way to get the wrong read. And I'm the one that typed the bold statement, so clearly I recognized it as worth noting. Unwad your undergarments... I have no issue with law enforcement and I don't duck around anything. All I said is (in reply to someone who said there was no need for an investigation) was when witness testimony and LEO testimony conflict you have to investigate it.
    Your posts were leaning towards cop bashing. At least the way your posts read. Do us all a favor, and dont worry about my undergarments. I get a little freaked out when other men start talking about them....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Your posts were leaning towards cop bashing. At least the way your posts read. Do us all a favor, and dont worry about my undergarments. I get a little freaked out when other men start talking about them....
    Here were my posts:

1. (In response to: She ran down the agent, he shot her to prevent being killed. That’s enough investigation for me)

If that's how it happened, then yes. The fact that witnesses tell a different story means that it should be investigated further, though.

2. (In response to: In the video one young lady said the officer opened the door and shot her like 11 times...Some of this doesnt pass the smell test. IMO we have a young mother that gets bent out of shape, runs down the Agent and dies for her troubles. If she would have done that to me, I would have done the same thing..)

Duh, me too. IF she did it that way it was a good shoot (and the 10 bullet holes in the windshield lends credence to his version, not the witness's) but my point was only that the incident begs for further investigation rather than blindly accepting the agent's.

3. (In response to: I wish it was that easy. Sadly I can no longer accept anyone's word as gospel. I need proof. My days of blindly accepting the word of doctors, teachers, clergymen and yes even police are long passed. Experience has taught me that what I may want to believe is often far from the truth.)

Amen, brotha.

There was nothing there that was remotely cop bashing... I said if it happened the way the agent said it was a good shoot and I would do the same thing. If saying that a fatal shooting that had conflicting eye-witness accounts begs for investigation is cop bashing then sorry.

And it's hard not to be concerned about your undergarments when you're all up in my cyber-face.

If you want to continue this via PM, then please do so, but I can't sit back and let you accuse me of cop bashing because you (almost always) read that into peoples' posts.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Here were my posts:

1. (In response to: She ran down the agent, he shot her to prevent being killed. That’s enough investigation for me)

If that's how it happened, then yes. The fact that witnesses tell a different story means that it should be investigated further, though.

2. (In response to: In the video one young lady said the officer opened the door and shot her like 11 times...Some of this doesnt pass the smell test. IMO we have a young mother that gets bent out of shape, runs down the Agent and dies for her troubles. If she would have done that to me, I would have done the same thing..)

3. (In response to: I wish it was that easy. Sadly I can no longer accept anyone's word as gospel. I need proof. My days of blindly accepting the word of doctors, teachers, clergymen and yes even police are long passed. Experience has taught me that what I may want to believe is often far from the truth.)

Amen, brotha.

There was nothing there that was remotely cop bashing... I said if it happened the way the agent said it was a good shoot and I would do the same thing. If saying that a fatal shooting that had conflicting eye-witness accounts begs for investigation is cop bashing then sorry.

And it's hard not to be concerned about your undergarments when you're all up in my cyber-face.

If you want to continue this via PM, then please do so, but I can't sit back and let you accuse me of cop bashing because you (almost always) read that into peoples' posts.
    No thanks, BTW you havent been around long enough to know what I have read in others posts....

Wrong... it doesn't take long (and all your comments are archived for all to see).
    Clint Eastwood

Wrong... it doesn't take long (and all your comments are archived for all to see).
    WOW, you got me...You can pick up your prize at the door....

Stupid should hurt.
    Harryball likes this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

G'morning Ladies & gentlemen, this includes you 40Bob: Break time, coffee is being served in the patio, hot sweet rolls if you wish.

(Lupita, cuidase con 40Bob while serving him, he has a very interesting reputation along the border, it seems that he likes Latina gals, soo keep out of reach, hmmm, come to think of it, so do I, in fact I married one 53 years ago, still have her, so I guess It might take. )

Don Jose de la Mancha
    40Bob likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links