Another Border Patrol Shooting.

This is a discussion on Another Border Patrol Shooting. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This has occurred a few days before the Arizona shooting and this incident involved plain clothes agents attempting to serve a warrant but came across ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Another Border Patrol Shooting.

This has occurred a few days before the Arizona shooting and this incident involved plain clothes agents attempting to serve a warrant but came across this female subject who tried to run down one of the agents.

Valeria Alvarado: California Woman Fatally Shot by Border Patrol Agent - ABC News

VIP Member
    "She literally ran our agent down, the agent actually was impacted, was hit by the vehicle and carried several hundred yards on the hood before fearing for his life did discharge his weapon to get the vehicle to stop," Border Patrol Deputy Chief Rodney Scott said.

Alvarado's husband, Gilbert Alvarado said he wants the shooting investigated.

"I want justice. Yes. Whoever shot my wife, that guy whoever that is, that guy needs to get shot," he said.
    She ran down the agent, he shot her to prevent being killed. That’s enough investigation for me.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Dead from a car running you over, is exactly the same as being shot down. I believe the agent acted with reason and within the scope of his duties.

Good Job!
    RichB70 likes this.

If the facts presented are true the officer's actions were correct in my opinion..

Michael

We have 35 days to change this............don't waste your vote.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    She ran down the agent, he shot her to prevent being killed. That’s enough investigation for me.
    If that's how it happened, then yes. The fact that witnesses tell a different story means that it should be investigated further, though.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    If that's how it happened, then yes. The fact that witnesses tell a different story means that it should be investigated further, though.
    In the video one young lady said the officer opened the door and shot her like 11 times...Some of this doesnt pass the smell test. IMO we have a young mother that gets bent out of shape, runs down the Agent and dies for her troubles. If she would have done that to me, I would have done the same thing..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I wish it was that easy. Sadly I can no longer accept anyone's word as gospel. I need proof. My days of blindly accepting the word of doctors, teachers, clergymen and yes even police are long passed. Experience has taught me that what I may want to believe is often far from the truth.

Michael

VIP Member
    Based on the known facts, it was a good shoot. That may change upon further investigation. Time will tell.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    He was undercover. One of the witnesses claims he never showed a badge until opening the car door. Is it possible she felt that she, herself, was under attack? We'll never know for sure, but I would feel more comfortable about this if I knew he had properly ID'd himself. Hopefully that will come out in the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    In the video one young lady said the officer opened the door and shot her like 11 times...Some of this doesnt pass the smell test. IMO we have a young mother that gets bent out of shape, runs down the Agent and dies for her troubles. If she would have done that to me, I would have done the same thing..
    Duh, me too. IF she did it that way it was a good shoot (and the 10 bullet holes in the windshield lends credence to his version, not the witness's) but my point was only that the incident begs for further investigation rather than blindly accepting the agent's.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I wish it was that easy. Sadly I can no longer accept anyone's word as gospel. I need proof. My days of blindly accepting the word of doctors, teachers, clergymen and yes even police are long passed. Experience has taught me that what I may want to believe is often far from the truth.

Michael
    Amen, brotha.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    He was undercover. One of the witnesses claims he never showed a badge until opening the car door. Is it possible she felt that she, herself, was under attack? We'll never know for sure, but I would feel more comfortable about this if I knew he had properly ID'd himself. Hopefully that will come out in the investigation.
    Someone trying to run him down with a car, showing her his badge was probably the last thing on his mind.
    sigmanluke and Bad Bob like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The one thing that I have to add is the statement made by the husband which he seems like he is advocating shooting the border patrol agent. I understand he is upset with his loss but come one. I also noticed the image he portrayed himself and it seems this guy is a gang type. Did anyone come to the same conclusion?

More updates on this story. It seems that this person knew they were law enforcement officer and tried to run away from them. She also has a criminal history of drug activity.

Family Mourns, Questions Loss of Mother Shot by Border Patrol Agent | NBC 7 San Diego

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links