HR 218- LE Safety Act question?

This is a discussion on HR 218- LE Safety Act question? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello all, This may or may not have been a topic at some time. Being a retired police officer and now live 1900 miles from ...

Thread: HR 218- LE Safety Act question?

Hello all,

This may or may not have been a topic at some time. Being a retired police officer and now live 1900 miles from my retirement department makes it impossible to travel b ack every year to qualify. HR 218 allow me to qualify to maintain my CCW from my deparment if i qualify in the state that I reside at my reident states standards.

My question is if anyone knows of a data base or location a retired LE officer can go to locate a department/agency that qualifies retired guys so they can maintain their CCW. Of course if you still live near your retirement department you could just go there. This would be relocated LE Officers.

Thanks,

Brett

What State do you live in now? In Texas, we are required to go to TCLOESE certified instructors which administers HR 218 compliant courses which they administer every year. We are required to bring certified copies of our retirment papers or creds.

CB I live in Missouri. Thanks for the info I will search for tecloese in missouri....

Quote Originally Posted by brettnchrism View Post
    CB I live in Missouri. Thanks for the info I will search for tecloese in missouri....
    In your State it may be something else but it may be the governing agency which license peace officers in your State. I will find it for you.

Glad you ask this question. Upon my retirement I plan on moving to Texas and was wondering how to keep my certification for carry up to date without traveling back to Ky every year.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I also found this site very useful

NCISA Official Web Site

If you are qualified as an HR 218 and you are not living in the state where you were employed there should be a place in the state where you are living that you can obtain a qualification certification. My example is I am separated from LE in GA and now live in VA so I obtain a qualification certification from a gun range with a state certified instructor in VA.

You should be able to contact Missouri Police Officer Standards and Training Counsel to find out where to go.

Sec. 926C. Carrying of concealed firearms by qualified retired law enforcement officers
    (2)(B) a certification issued by the State in which the individual resides that indicates that the individual has, not less recently than one year before the date the individual is carrying the concealed firearm, been tested or otherwise found by the State to meet the standards established by the State for training and qualification for active law enforcement officers to carry a firearm of the same type as the concealed firearm.
    LOESA218 TEXT
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    Thomas Jefferson
    Third President of the United States

Thanks guys for the info. I did contact the Missouri POA and they refered me to the state post offices for info. But it looks like CB found the greywolf service would do the trick for me.....and it looks like glockman got some use out of this question as well....

Quote Originally Posted by brettnchrism View Post
    Thanks guys for the info. I did contact the Missouri POA and they refered me to the state post offices for info. But it looks like CB found the greywolf service would do the trick for me.....and it looks like glockman got some use out of this question as well....
    No problem, I will always lead a fellow officer to the right direction. Good luck

Links