Why? Why was this man a (an) LEO? - Page 2

Why? Why was this man a (an) LEO?

This is a discussion on Why? Why was this man a (an) LEO? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Between The Lines: He's got relatives in Government or knows some politician's skeletons. He's a classic "Soup Sandwich"...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Why? Why was this man a (an) LEO?

Between The Lines: He's got relatives in Government or knows some politician's skeletons. He's a classic "Soup Sandwich"
    FLArmadillo and Secret Spuk like this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    I think that if I wore a badge in that shop, I'd be voting to de-cert the union. This is not someone I'd want around.
    DaGunny likes this.

VIP Member
    “And they want to fire me over that?” Bosque said Wednesday. “That’s the least I’ve ever been fired for.”
    He should have never been rehired after the first few.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    “ 'I’m an excellent police officer but I break the rules,' he says."

Not for nothing, but I dont see how a thread like this would produce anything other than cop bashing. It's obvious what everyone is going to think of this guy. Other than hearing everyone state the obvious about him, what is the purpose of this thread?

I can think of at least a couple dozen people off the top of my head with over 20 criminal convictions who still run around doing bad things. We have a guy running around the city here who has (at last count) 130+ arrests. He's still walking around breaking into cars. We dont hear about him because he isnt a LEO.

We all know that he is a shame and a disgrace to the profession. I highly doubt there are any opinions in support of the guy, thus, back to my original statement.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    Not for nothing, but I dont see how a thread like this would produce anything other than cop bashing. It's obvious what everyone is going to think of this guy. Other than hearing everyone state the obvious about him, what is the purpose of this thread?

I can think of at least a couple dozen people off the top of my head with over 20 criminal convictions who still run around doing bad things. We have a guy running around the city here who has (at last count) 130+ arrests. He's still walking around breaking into cars. We dont hear about him because he isnt a LEO.

We all know that he is a shame and a disgrace to the profession. I highly doubt there are any opinions in support of the guy, thus, back to my original statement.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... I supported him early on in the thread.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Well, any LEOs that want to join in, bashing this one, bring it! This guy is a disgrace to any uniform... Except a prison jumpsuit, I suppose.

And then, somebody tried to turn it into a union bashing thread...

Sheesh!

BCTGM local 100 member for 31 years... Shut yo mouf.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    This guy is a disgrace to anyone that has a badge. But all of the blame can't be placed on him. It also can be placed on the admin whom let this go on through out the years then promoted him to Sgt. I can not see this happening at my department or any other department that is worth being called a police department.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

As a(an) LEO,I can't understand how he still had a job after being fired that many times? And to make him a supervisor? Wth?
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    As a(an) LEO,I can't understand how he still had a job after being fired that many times? And to make him a supervisor? Wth?
    Remember Percy from The Green Mile?
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

You don't see the the difference between cop bashing and the criticizing of one particular individual who happens to be a cop?

EDIT: Its not the individual cop that gives the profession a bad name. Its the people that allow it to happen.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    Remember Percy from The Green Mile?
    yes, I remember, but I couldn't see that IRL until this thread

I would think any case in court involving him as the arresting officer would have these past issues brought up wouldn't they? Seems to me any defense lawyer could easily show his lack of credibility given his history.
    64zebra likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I don't like to bash cops... I don't like it when others do...

Then, I see something like this... perhaps it's sensationalism by a foreign yellow journalistic paper... But then, they seem to have all the facts and documentation... And it stains all LEOS...

Why, after being expelled from academy, was he hired... Why, after being dismissed from his first post was he hired by another department... why .. well the list goes on...

We think we should hold Chiefs of Police to higher standards and fire them for "fraternization"... but some departments keep hiring the dregs that this man represents... I don't understand the logic.

Story Here
    Sounds like the character in he movie "Bad Lieutenant".
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Well, any LEOs that want to join in, bashing this one, bring it! This guy is a disgrace to any uniform... Except a prison jumpsuit, I suppose.

And then, somebody tried to turn it into a union bashing thread...

Sheesh!

BCTGM local 100 member for 31 years... Shut yo mouf.

OK From a police Officers point of view.

This is NOT cop bashing. This is ... well I dont know... In my time we called a guy like this a "Perp in blue" he's been collared three times?.. fired six times? How does he maintain his certification?... Is he FDLE certified? The man has absoloutly no business wearing a police uniform or badge. His conduct makes it more difficult for decent cops to do their job. INO It looks like this guy is a all round bad apple. The municipality has probably been trying to get rid of him for some time. A supervisor randomly asking to inspect a piece of equipment is an indicator, And such a critical piece of equipment would be that much more a serious violation. Then there is the failure to safeguard the weapon. "Oh I didnt think it would be safe at the police facilty, so I left it in the trunk of my private car in my driveway". Seriously?.. Really? If nothing else it definately show's bad judgment, and a casual disreguard for a firearm, and department equipment. I refuse to accept that the P/D didnt have a place he could have secured his long gun. An onging criminal investigation against him?... I believe the department did use his actions as an excuse to terminate him... and IMO Good riddance.

I have dealt with members of the Opa-Locka P/D on two occasions. Both times the Officers were friendly, and professional. I'm sure the guys I spoke to are happy to see this problem go too. I wont judge the entire department by this one dunderhead. But I do wonder... how does one get to be a seargent on that Department. Puts me in mind of a line from a movie, "THEM!!"... Big Ants attacking L-A. An old alkie sang.."Make me a seargent and charge the booze!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links