Why? Why was this man a (an) LEO?

This is a discussion on Why? Why was this man a (an) LEO? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; - That guy's got 'Bad Mall Cop" written all over his record....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Why? Why was this man a (an) LEO?

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    That guy's got 'Bad Mall Cop" written all over his record.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Just think about how many other officers there are out there like this one.

Its officers like this that ruin it for you "good guys".

That's all I have to say as I enjoy being a member of this forum.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    We have a guy running around the city here who has (at last count) 130+ arrests. He's still walking around breaking into cars. We dont hear about him because he isnt a LEO.
    Why don't you tell us about him (in a separate thread). Just be prepared for the discussion to migrate, probably quickly, to how the system does not work. People will talk about the obvious problem whether you want them to or not.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Please wake up. LEO are not hire based on fitness for the job. They are hire by a system based on PC concerns and how well the person being hired fits the agenda.
    Not much else matters in most cases.
    Opa-locka have not thought about that place in years Lived right next to the base fence as a kid.

My hometown had a cop who was a known drug addict given dozens of free passes, until the day he ran someone over while drunk and high. Then the chief finally had to give him the boot, but he didn't want to.

One run in with a bad cop makes all future encounters a scary affair

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    I can think of at least a couple dozen people off the top of my head with over 20 criminal convictions who still run around doing bad things. We have a guy running around the city here who has (at last count) 130+ arrests. He's still walking around breaking into cars. We dont hear about him because he isnt a LEO.
    Anyone in an influential position of leadership should be held to a higher standard. This of course includes LEOs.

The reason this story is more news worthy than the average career criminal begins at that position of leadership, continuing through the power he had held, including powers of arrest and moves on through him be promoted throughout all this. This begs the question of how much damage this individual has done to others and the community during his tenure.

I believe many, if not most readers here recognize this and additional issues here that transcend the individual himself, and question how there can be so many failures at so many levels.
    NRA Certified Instructor - RSO - Life Member

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
    -Albert Einstein

I bet he has trouble keeping a partner too. Trust me everyone in his department knows him and will move heaven and hell to avoid being his partner.

There are cops who want to be cops because its in their blood, they were born to do the job and love what they do,They want to help the helpless and put away the scum on the streets. They have compassion, yet the judges let the Bgs out the next day after they risk their lives which is frustrating.. ( my uncle was one of them) And then, You have power hungry people who become cops to strut their s%it and think they are above the law.. Sure they do put up with the scum of the earth so I always have some compassion for one who screws up once or twice, but guys like this deserve to be removed and spend time in population in the prison.
    kb2wji likes this.

After 30 years of service, I can tell you that if you are doing the job you will screw up sometime. The only guys that never get into trouble are the ones that never do anything. This $hitbag however is a waste of skin, if the facts are correct.
    kb2wji likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rdstrain49 View Post
    After 30 years of service, I can tell you that if you are doing the job you will screw up sometime. The only guys that never get into trouble are the ones that never do anything. This $hitbag however is a waste of skin, if the facts are correct.
    There is much truth to this. A buddy of mine, retired LEO, told me that his commander told him if he gets no complaints about him, he's not working hard enough.

Too many good guys and gals on the job for someone like this to compromise them. And it's not just this guy whose culpable here, there are many failures at several levels.
    NRA Certified Instructor - RSO - Life Member

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    One run in with a bad cop makes all future encounters a scary affair
    Which is why the Government must be very vigilant about ensuring that everyone who represents it is clean. By defending or looking the other way when it comes to one of their own they do themselves no favor. Infact they do just the opposite. By not aggressively going after the ban apples they give the public the impression that all of them are corrupt at worst or that they just accept it as SOP at the very least.

Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; October 25th, 2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: I made an oopsie

Witnessed it and experienced having people like this while in service. I hate bashing and stereotyping people across the board as well, however it is rotten apples like this that
    make the whole place smell! Of course, it was the "who knows who and who knows what game" that allow this type of disgrace to remain. Stating from experience, I am curious as to what he had on some people and if that would have come out had he been thrown to the wolves!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links