Why? Why was this man a (an) LEO?

This is a discussion on Why? Why was this man a (an) LEO? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't like to bash cops... I don't like it when others do... Then, I see something like this... perhaps it's sensationalism by a foreign ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Why? Why was this man a (an) LEO?

I don't like to bash cops... I don't like it when others do...

Then, I see something like this... perhaps it's sensationalism by a foreign yellow journalistic paper... But then, they seem to have all the facts and documentation... And it stains all LEOS...

Why, after being expelled from academy, was he hired... Why, after being dismissed from his first post was he hired by another department... why .. well the list goes on...

We think we should hold Chiefs of Police to higher standards and fire them for "fraternization"... but some departments keep hiring the dregs that this man represents... I don't understand the logic.

Story Here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Not only did he keep his job, but was promoted!!!! What in the world is wrong with that city that they would keep rehiring this slimeball?!
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

In fairness to him, once he was charged with trying to board a plane with a gun he probably started leaving his weapons at home so he wouldn't slip up again. I agree it sounds like the department was trying to find a way to get rid of him. Shameful...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

I would have to question an article on guns published in a British newspaper. Maybe it's true, but don't take their word for it.

Wow just wow

Quote Originally Posted by relsiswb View Post
    I would have to question an article on guns published in a British newspaper. Maybe it's true, but don't take their word for it.
    Okay... take the word of a stateside paper?

here ya go
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

WRT U.S. or foregin news, I will say the foregin news agencies don't have the same 'agendas' U.S. news agencies do........ I like to look up certin storise in overseas sites just to get their takes and opinions. They do report 'things' that 'our' news sites don't.

Regardless, this doofus never needed to, nor should have, ever worked as a cop.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Anyone ever heard the line: "Where there's smoke, there's usually fire" ?

Once, possibly a mistake. Twice, unlikely, but still a doubt. After the 437th arrest, and/or discipline, he's probably a scumbag who needs to be gotten rid of.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Wow. It sounds like a lot more people than him need to be relieved of duty. Namely every one that hired him after 1990.
    Hoganbeg and thephanatik like this.

That man should be in prison.

Sounds like this police department is a Union Shop.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Unbelievable

There is a time that unions have way too much power,this guy seems to be the poster boy for joining a union,I don't really blame the unionsa I blame the idiots that hired him after running a background check....they did run a background check,right?
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Now then...forget for a moment he was a cop. Would your opinion of him be any different? Why does everyone want to believe that cops are beyond reproach? Simply because someone wears a blue uniform with a badge and a gun does not mean they always do the right thing!
    mr.stuart likes this.

Sorry for anyone from Opa-locka, but I've been there and it sucks.lol
    I can imagine how their PD is run. Low budget, I assume, which might explain this jewel of a peace officer.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links