My company has started a coffee drive for troops deployed in Afghanistan - Page 2

My company has started a coffee drive for troops deployed in Afghanistan

This is a discussion on My company has started a coffee drive for troops deployed in Afghanistan within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How about sending the coffee directly to the person in country? I'M sure they will get enough coffee to last his unit a year....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My company has started a coffee drive for troops deployed in Afghanistan

How about sending the coffee directly to the person in country? I'M sure they will get enough coffee to last his unit a year.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

PM sent with contact info.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    How about sending the coffee directly to the person in country? I'M sure they will get enough coffee to last his unit a year.
    I thought about that but wasn't sure if posting my nephews address on the internet was appropriate.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Administrator
    Donation Made VIA PayPal. Very painless, easy and quite secure.

P.S. I am "sticking" this thread so that our members may more easily locate it.

OK, Sent out 5 plus Pounds of Fresh Roasted, Organic, Fair Trade Coffee today, our Roaster actually gave the coffee to us, which was nice.

Thanks guys..we have a shipment going out tomorrow as well!
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Why don't you contact STARBUCKS and see if they would be willing to supply you with large quantities of bulk loose packets of Starbucks VIA?

Very good easily portable coffee in individual single serve packets that is micro-ground so that it actually brews in boiling water.

No coffee filters or coffee pots needed.

It does not taste like "instant" jar coffee. It's good coffee.

I really like their VIA Columbia & Italian Roast.

You could really cut any shipping costs way down and thousands of individual packets could go in one box.

Just something that you might want to consider. I have a pile of them in my Bug Out Bag.

And you could stuff at least a thousand loose packets into one U.S.P.S. FLAT RATE BOX.

I just saw this at Costco today....this is a very good idea and I will be sure to mix in as many of these packets as we can afford!
    Ronald Reagan

Just got word from Don Francisco's Coffee Co.
    They graciously donated 23 cases of coffee. That's 267 cans!
    Would also like to thank Bad Girls Coffee in Salem Oregon, and K&F Coffee Roasters in Portland. These folks jumped in right away with a care package that looks like it will be the first to arrive in Afghanistan!
    Ronald Reagan

RBC-ITB coffee drive

Just wanted to post a final note. I think this went fairly well for being a spur of the moment thing. I was a little surprised with the lack of response here considering all of the veterans that are members but it's somewhat understandable as you don't know me and I don't know you.
    Anyway, I want to thank the 4 or 5 people people on this site who took a chance and got involved..you know who you are!

Cheers!

************THE FINAL STATS************
    Number of boxes shipped: 56
    Total weight of all boxes shipped:478 pds
    USPS Shipping Charges: $753.00
    Pounds of coffee shipped: 350 approximate
    Pounds of goodies shipped: 128
    Cash Donations less PayPal Fees: $634.00
    Cash spent for non-coffee items: Walmart $143.00 Costco $615.00 (total $758.00)

Items shipped other than coffee:
    Trail Mix, Crackers, Cookies, Protein Bars, Toothpaste, Dental Floss, Toothbrushes, Poptarts, Beef Jerky, Almonds, Deodorant, Shampoo,
    Body Wash, Skoal, Grissly, Cocoa Mix, M&Ms, Rice Krispie Treats.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Ronald Reagan

I would say that was fairly successful for an impromptu charity drive. There was about $3,000 worth of coffee , so almost $4,000 in donations is pretty good.

Hope it helps brighten the day of the brave souls watching the wall.

Glad I could help out a bit.

Cheers.

Of all the things people send us over here, coffee is always welcome! My Canadian WO and I fresh grind the beans every morning. If you know you're going to have a crappy day, might as well start with a good cup of joe.

DP

This would be a good time to kick off another coffee drive to combine efforts with the February 14th Starbucks Appreciation Day.

Administrator
    You done good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    RBC-ITB coffee drive

Just wanted to post a final note. I think this went fairly well for being a spur of the moment thing. I was a little surprised with the lack of response here considering all of the veterans that are members but it's somewhat understandable as you don't know me and I don't know you.
    Anyway, I want to thank the 4 or 5 people people on this site who took a chance and got involved..you know who you are!

Cheers!

************THE FINAL STATS************
    Number of boxes shipped: 56
    Total weight of all boxes shipped:478 pds
    USPS Shipping Charges: $753.00
    Pounds of coffee shipped: 350 approximate
    Pounds of goodies shipped: 128
    Cash Donations less PayPal Fees: $634.00
    Cash spent for non-coffee items: Walmart $143.00 Costco $615.00 (total $758.00)

Items shipped other than coffee:
    Trail Mix, Crackers, Cookies, Protein Bars, Toothpaste, Dental Floss, Toothbrushes, Poptarts, Beef Jerky, Almonds, Deodorant, Shampoo,
    Body Wash, Skoal, Grissly, Cocoa Mix, M&Ms, Rice Krispie Treats.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links