Economic Warfare

Economic Warfare

This is a discussion on Economic Warfare within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; During the height of the fires here in Teller and El Paso Counties, we had many discussions regarding arsonists and the potential for terrorists. Some ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 2 Post By Hopyard
  • 3 Post By CanuckQue

Thread: Economic Warfare

Post Economic Warfare

During the height of the fires here in Teller and El Paso Counties, we had many discussions regarding arsonists and the potential for terrorists. Some of the investigators of the fires were DHS and FBI among others. As a neighborhood, we did what we could to watch for unusual activity and persons. Seven of the fires mentioned in this video were within 2 miles of my house. During the ensuing several weeks our neighbors had loosely organized information patrols that observed and recorded all vehicles in and out of the area, and Sheriff patrols escalated tremendously.

Personally, I took pictures of every vehicle tag of every vehicle that presented, and in one event exchanged some heated words with said occupants. I have no doubt whatsoever that most if not all of us were heavily armed, which would not be unusual anyway.

Regardless, for your viewing pleasure and commentary: Economic Warfare Super Panel - William Scott - YouTube

While we all focus on some presumed SHTF event, a fire could well meet some of those criteria.
    wmhawth and QKShooter like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    OMG! You didn't! You violated someone's right to privacy by photoing their "state" vehicle tag? Shame, shame, shame.

But a pretty good idea.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Dang! Didn't mean to kill the thread.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    There have undoubtedly been some fires which have been set for economic reasons and domestic groups have
    been implicated.

By logic I can't prove the negative, that is I can't prove that of the 52 wildfires he claimed were burning none were
    the work of international terrorists, or that even a significant number of them were not from such groups.

However, what we need to keep in mind before just accepting what this man has to say is that wildfires are a part of the natural
    order of things in many places in the west and SW. Man made wildfires have run from deliberate acts of arson
    to utter teenage stupidity, to a carelessly tossed cigarette.

Not everything bad that happens to us is the result of terrorism. That vid would be much more helpful if he
    had communicated in any way actual incidents thought --on the basis of evidence--- to be the work of Al Quida.

Some google searching turned up incidents of the sort described in Europe. I can't find evidence of it having happened
    here. It might have I suppose, but it doesn't turn up on searches of Google News.
    Rock and Glock and Sig 210 like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Well before the sexiness of international terrorism was in the news 24/7, my small town (in the Rockies, where I lived at the time) had a huge forest fire sweep towards us. The fire defense services noted that there were multiple attempts at arson. Beer bottles & gasoline.

There're idiots everywhere.
    mlr1m, Hopyard and Sig 210 like this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Links