One super tough cop. Off duty, shot in chest, chases down and shoots mugger.

This is a discussion on One super tough cop. Off duty, shot in chest, chases down and shoots mugger. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Off-duty NYC cop shot, suspect killed BRONX A heroic off-duty NYPD officer was shot last night after breaking up a mugging in The Bronx ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 3 Post By 2700
  • 1 Post By kb2wji

Thread: One super tough cop. Off duty, shot in chest, chases down and shoots mugger.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Off-duty NYC cop shot, suspect killed

BRONX A heroic off-duty NYPD officer was shot last night after breaking up a mugging in The Bronx - but still managed to chase down and kill one of the robbers, officials said.

Ivan Marcano, 27, applied pressure to the gunshot wound on his chest while returning fire, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said.
    And here's Commissioner Kelly's stunning display of ignorant hyperbole:

"In a remarkable display of marksmanship and cool under fire, Officer Marcano fired, striking one of the suspects in the head," Kelly said.
    Immediately followed by a grain of inconvenient truth:

A witness said he heard at least 10 shots. "It happened quickly. When I turned around, there was a dead guy lying on the ground under the car," said Emilio Acevedo, 17.
    Hey, at least no bystanders got shot!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I guess it could have turned out better but hey, it could have been worse too. I hope they catch the other two and that the one that died meant a lot to them.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    "BRONX — A heroic off-duty NYPD officer was shot last night after breaking up a mugging in The Bronx - but still managed to chase down and kill one of the robbers, officials said."

Trying to get that last 32 oz soda, no doubt.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

10 shots 1 hit,he must hold an NYPD pistol marksmanship badge
    airslot likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^To the officers defense^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He had a little on his mind.

From article,

The bullet that struck Marcano grazed his left arm and entered his chest—just missing his heart—and fractured a rib.

As the three suspects ran from the Mustang, Marcano recognized them and pursued them on foot.
    While taking cover and yelling to passers-by to "Get down!" Marcano fired at the muggers, Kelly said.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro2340 .357sig

I think your post is inappropriate and in very poor taste. The guy is shot in the chest, near his heart, with what for all he knows is a mortal wound. He disregards that, pursues the suspects on foot, and even gets one.

I am well aware of the lack of LE tactical training, and the concerns with Spray and Pray, but this guy, under these circumstances, is nothing less than a hero my eye, even if it took him 10 shots.

Additionally, I did not see any evidence that the other 9 shots weren't from the suspects, only a witness that heard 10 shots. And if you know anything about witnesses, 3 shots could have been fired.
    pittypat21, kb2wji and marcclarke like this.
    NRA Certified Instructor - RSO - Life Member

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by 2700 View Post
    I think your post is inappropriate and in very poor taste. The guy is shot in the chest, near his heart, with what for all he knows is a mortal wound. He disregards that, peruses the suspects on foot, and even gets one.

I am well aware of the lack of LE tactical training, and the concerns with Spray and Pray, but this guy, under these circumstances, is nothing less than a hero my eye, even if it took him 10 shots.

Additionally, I did not see any evidence that the other 9 shots weren't from the suspects, only a witness that heard 10 shots. And if you know anything about witnesses, 3 shots could have been fired.
    Well said. Took the words right out of my mouth.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

He was shot in the chest. He was on foot, chasing a robbery suspect. He hit the guy in the head. You might be a super bulls-eye shooter on the range, but in this situation? I'll go out on a limb and say you havent been in his shoes before.

This officer performed like a hero.
    marcclarke likes this.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Glad he survived
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Sponsored Links