Bloomberg Wouldn't Let Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns - Page 2

Bloomberg Wouldn't Let Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Wouldn't Let Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Eagleks I agree with you, but I think it's more that Bloomberg made such a point of saying it ...... and saying ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Bloomberg Wouldn't Let Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I agree with you, but I think it's more that Bloomberg made such a point of saying it ...... and saying he didn't want anyone there with "guns" other than the NYPD. The NYPD ..... aren't known for their shooting abilities. And, if several people are asking for the assistance because they are under-manned, and this is Bloombergs only reason for it..... then it's BULL.
    The city may well be undermanned in terms of all manner of things, but it doesn't seem undermanned
    in terms of police force size. Again, crime in the city is down dramatically during the past 5 days.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    The city may well be undermanned in terms of all manner of things, but it doesn't seem undermanned
    in terms of police force size. Again, crime in the city is down dramatically during the past 5 days.
    Reported crime, perhaps.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Reported crime, perhaps.
    ?????????So you are saying crime might have gone up but for some reason that since Bloomberg took over fewer folks report it?
    Disclaimer:I am no Bloomberg fan)
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Crime in NYC is down overall by 1/3 as measured from Monday thru Friday.
    While some sections of Brooklyn near Kennedy Airport, e.g. Far Rockaway, got a strong hit, that doesn't mean
    the NYC police can't deal with the situation.

It is entirely up to the Governor and the Mayor to determine how, if at all, The Guard will be deployed,
    and with what level of arms---if any.

Remember when immediately after 9/11 Guardsmen were ordered to guard each airline/airport
    security entrance? They were unarmed and/or carrying unloaded rifles. It was all show.
    Also, unarmed Guardsmen have been deployed at our borders at various times.

Whatever one might think about such decisions, unarmed use is not an uncommon practice.
    So you are saying these magazines are empty?
    laguardia.jpg
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ?????????So you are saying crime might have gone up but for some reason that since Bloomberg took over fewer folks report it?
    Disclaimer:I am no Bloomberg fan)
    No, I am saying the ability and inclination to report crime in storm-ravaged areas may be severely impaired.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I still think the whole thing was overblown, people in NYC think they're the center of the world so if one thing goes wrong it's chaos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So you are saying these magazines are empty?
    laguardia.jpg
    How would I know?
    This is what I wrote, 'It is entirely up to the Governor and the Mayor to determine how, if at all,
    The Guard will be deployed,and with what level of arms---if any.'
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Lt the looters pick it clean then burn the place down.

While I feel somewhat sorry for some of the "common" folks that are suffering from the results of the storm, I don't exactly feel any great urge to text a msg and donate $10 to the Red Cross to help all those people that the TV showed who's multi-million dollar beach front homes were damaged or those who's "little" boats were washed up on shore! And I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the Manhatten islander's and their million dollar apartments, either. Contrary to their belief, NYC is NOT the center of the universe!
    msgt/ret and blitzburgh like this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    While I feel somewhat sorry for some of the "common" folks that are suffering from the results of the storm, I don't exactly feel any great urge to text a msg and donate $10 to the Red Cross to help all those people that the TV showed who's multi-million dollar beach front homes were damaged or those who's "little" boats were washed up on shore! And I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the Manhatten islander's and their million dollar apartments, either. Contrary to their belief, NYC is NOT the center of the universe!
    While I am sure many very ordinary folks with middle incomes or no incomes were harmed, I too have a
    hard time feeling very sorry for people who lost a yacht or beach front homes. It is not like the risk
    wasn't obvious, or that insurance couldn't be purchased. Yes its tough, but "their in good hands," "xxy is on their
    side," "someone is like a good neighbor," or tough-- should have paid the premiums.

Unfortunately, there has I suspect been a lot of damage a few blocks inland as well, and oftentimes
    those are anything but nice neighborhoods with fancy apartments. Those are the people I feel sorry for.
    JDE101, msgt/ret and oneshot like this.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    I still think the whole thing was overblown, people in NYC think they're the center of the world so if one thing goes wrong it's chaos.
    Sounds like a little Yankees - Red Sox going on there.

BTW: You're ALL damn Yankees to a Southerner!
    msgt/ret and SL1ckOne like this.

How would I know?
    This is what I wrote, 'It is entirely up to the Governor and the Mayor to determine how, if at all,
    The Guard will be deployed,and with what level of arms---if any.'
    Those are National Guard troops in LaGuardia airport post 9/11. Unless those magazines are empty they appear to have loaded weapons contrary to your statement.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Mike may not say it, but it but I will. After the other stuff Bloomberg was willing to do, false reporting of crime would be tame in comparison.

Can't believe what I'm hearing wrt to people who own boats and apartments. No matter what people own, not feeling for people who have lost everything, including those who have more than you, is just callous. The cost of living is sky high up there and plenty of people are sharing apts that would be able to live on their own anywhere else in the country.
    Last edited by nedrgr21; November 5th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.

VIP Member
    I was in a tornado ravaged neighborhood a good many years ago, and clearly remember the NG began patrolling on foot. They were carrying rifles, although I never inquired, I assumed they had cartridges. We were very glad, and thankful to see them.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Mike may not say it, but it but I will. After the other stuff Bloomberg was willing to do, false reporting of crime would be tame in comparison.

Can't believe what I'm hearing wrt to people who own boats and apartments. No matter what people own, not feeling for people who have lost everything, including those who have more than you, is just callous. The cost of living is sky high up there and plenty of people are sharing apts that would be able to live on there own anywhere else in the country.
    That isn't really what I was thinking with my last post, but Bloomberg's adeptness with numbers makes your assertion tenable. Ditto on the schadenfreude.
    oneshot likes this.
    William T. Sherman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links