Cop who threatened CC'r ruled elligible for reinstatement

This is a discussion on Cop who threatened CC'r ruled elligible for reinstatement within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Canton cop that was fired last year was recently ruled elligible to be reinstated under certain conditions: Cop fired for death threats eligible for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Cop who threatened CC'r ruled elligible for reinstatement

Cop who threatened CC'r ruled elligible for reinstatement

The Canton cop that was fired last year was recently ruled elligible to be reinstated under certain conditions:

Cop fired for death threats eligible for rehire

2. Remove Ads

Doubtful he will return to patrol, but still iffy. I suppose if he has PTSD and is cleared by a doctor then they really have no choice.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I remember that. Guy's a bit excitable to say the least.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Keep him away from badges and guns.
    niks, msgt/ret, rigel42 and 3 others like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Just give him a desk job counting paper clips that should keep him out of trouble.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Assign him to the records or found property rooms. Don't allow him access to the weapons or evidence rooms.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Assign him to the records or found property rooms. Don't allow him access to the weapons or evidence rooms.
    Or the general public.

Such an angry individual. That dude needs some xanax

He'll pass the psych test get his clearance and go back on duty doing the same thing he's been doing, until he shoots someone. Then they'll pretend that he didn't have any history of aggression. He'll get a slap on the wrist, suspension with pay, then go back on duty again. Seems like his Chief is a little on the stupid side. "I didn't understand the question" duh Glad I don't live anywhere near Canton, OH.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member
    What's scary is u could be stopped by an cop like this and advise him u got a permit to CCW and have a gun. He then proceeds to shoot u and just say u went for ur gun. They r out there...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Broke WanaBe Big city arm-pit Police Department...Hope the mutt gets a DisAbility pension...and some peace...No respect for Canton PD managment...

Police rep said he wasn't surprised about the ruling considering the evidence the arbitrator was given. Sounds to me like he was given incomplete information just so he would rule in Harless' favor.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Based on the comments under the OP's article - WOW is all I have to say. On the article - we all knew Harless was going to get his job back. That is how the system seems to work - until the citizenry stands up to change it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    What's scary is u could be stopped by an cop like this and advise him u got a permit to CCW and have a gun. He then proceeds to shoot u and just say u went for ur gun. They r out there...

Actually I ran into one today. Went across town to pick some ammo and some of the streets were missing signs. I came up to a light, next to a cruiser, and asked the officer what street this was. The response ? " WHAT THE $##%^& DO I LOOK LIKE *&&%$%# MAP QUEST?"

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Actually I ran into one today. Went across town to pick some ammo and some of the streets were missing signs. I came up to a light, next to a cruiser, and asked the officer what street this was. The response ? " WHAT THE $##%^& DO I LOOK LIKE *&&%$%# MAP QUEST?"
    So, he didn't know either?
    niks likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links