Gee I didn't find flippig off the Tomb Of The Unknown soldier funny, do you? - Page 3

Gee I didn't find flippig off the Tomb Of The Unknown soldier funny, do you?

This is a discussion on Gee I didn't find flippig off the Tomb Of The Unknown soldier funny, do you? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mass. woman loses job after posting photo on Facebook The FB page, as promised by it's sponser, has been removed after her firing. The article ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Gee I didn't find flippig off the Tomb Of The Unknown soldier funny, do you?

Mass. woman loses job after posting photo on Facebook

The FB page, as promised by it's sponser, has been removed after her firing. The article above does say she resigned and was not fired/terminated. In this economy losing your job is not good and in that regard I feel a little sorry for her. Nobody is going to want to associate with her or have her on their payroll me thinks. I also feel kinda bad for her family having to endure her stupid mistake.

Her stupidity should be a lesson for everyone..........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

mkh
    I have mixed feelings. I served to protect her right to free speech but I find her actions despicable.

Arlington cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknown soldier is sacred and hollow ground. It should ALWAYS be treated as such.
    Last edited by mkh; November 22nd, 2012 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling

Distinguished Member
    She's 30 years old and describes herself as a douchbag... her parents must be proud, talk about reaching for the stars!

I don't blame her employer for their actions, I wouldn't want someone that immature with so little common sense and poor judgement representing my company.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

I read the posts saying the Facebook page has been removed, but does that really remove the image from the Internet? I think not, it seems that anything posted on the Internet, especially if it is controversial, seems to live forever. When will people learn that their actions posted on a public forum will somehow remain in the public venue forever.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

There's a reason some people become pariahs.

Funny, how much in this life ends up being self-induced.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    There's a reason some people become pariahs.

Funny, how much in this life ends up being self-induced.
    +! (self described douchebag}
    NRA member..... S&W mod. 58; Colt Gold Cup 1911 ( brite blued); 8 in Colt Python (nickle) ;/ SCAR 17s ( black); My ride... Jeep Grand Overland
    ..41 Magnum.........'cause shooting twice is silly.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I respect her right to free speech...I also respect the rights of her employer to fire her. I hope she learns a lesson from this.
    Herknav likes this.

VIP Member
    To bad her mother didn't have a headache the night she was conceived!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    Bye..Bye. The sad truth is the Anti-American underpeople will prop her up as a hero, and she will be probably so weak as a person and will ablige. Afterall, now that she created her own doom, she can't own it, she will become yet another politicized so called 'Victim' to extort.

Sorry to say it but you hit it 100%. Within DAYS she will be on Bill Mahr, Letterman, and the View being hailed as a 'hero.'

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    I have seen people do dumber things while traveling for work (ie get drunk in a foreign country and assault a local LEO) and not get fired. Maybe she will learn a lesson from all of this and stop posting images of her doing stupid things on facebook. However, I doubt it as she did not figure it out for the first 30 years of her life.
    Completely agree. The difference maker here is social media. If she had done this 10 years ago, before the existence of Facebook, no one else outside her circle of friends may have even know about the photograph. And, if her employer did learn about it she probably would have received a reprimand but not fired. Social media has the ability to damage an individual's or company's reputation in the blink of an eye. LIFE's reputation has been negatively impacted by this incident, deserved or not, figuring into the decision to fire her.

This blog post, while dated because it refers to her being placed on unpaid leave not fired, actually deals with all sides of the issue well.

Facebook Rage Sparked Over Lindsey Stone Arlington Nation Cemetary Photo - DealerELITE.net

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    OBVIOUSLY we meant NO disrespect to people that serve or have served our country."
    Whether or not she "meant" it, she DID disrespect the people who served our country. Describing herself as a douchebag is spot on though.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

I also found it disgraceful and distasteful. I don't accept her apology, either. She was on a business trip on company time and pay, so she was representing the company. I'm glad she lost her job.

Gee I didn't find flippig off the Tomb Of The Unknown soldier funny, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post

The bad and sad reality of this is that we taxpayers will now be funding her as unemployed, so she can venture forth and find more 'funny' things to post to the internet.
    Not if she is fired for cause, which this would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Not if she is fired for cause, which this would be.
    I read an NBC article that said she was allowed to resign. At least she will be ineligible for unemployment compensation.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Sorry to say it but you hit it 100%. Within DAYS she will be on Bill Mahr, Letterman, and the View being hailed as a 'hero.'
    I doubt it. But I know that, if you turn out to be incorrect about this, you'll own up here. Right?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links