Gee I didn't find flippig off the Tomb Of The Unknown soldier funny, do you? - Page 5

Gee I didn't find flippig off the Tomb Of The Unknown soldier funny, do you?

This is a discussion on Gee I didn't find flippig off the Tomb Of The Unknown soldier funny, do you? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Atctimmy and Suntzu have valid points. We each wear or service in our own personal manner. And we each should be respected for how we ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Gee I didn't find flippig off the Tomb Of The Unknown soldier funny, do you?

mkh
    Atctimmy and Suntzu have valid points. We each wear or service in our own personal manner. And we each should be respected for how we deal with it. Some don't want to talk. Some do. Respect that.
    lchamp likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Atctimmy and Suntzu have valid points. We each wear or service in our own personal manner. And we each should be respected for how we deal with it. Some don't want to talk. Some do. Respect that.
    Agreed. I am from the generation that was spat upon. I don't talk a lot about what I did then. I have also fired a gun in defense of self and others, but I don't like to roar about that either.

I'm a tour guide at a war museum, but I don't tell nasty war stories...just the humorous ones. As a rule, life and death situations are not very humorous.

Beat her with the sign...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

VIP Member
    Send her to Red Square and let her try her act there. That would solve her problems.

She is an idiot, but an idiot protected by the 1A. The 1A, however, is only designed to protect her from the government, not her employer. Actions have consequences as she has now learned.
    ccw9mm, atctimmy, mprp and 1 others like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I think Lindsey should travel to Iran, get squarely in front of a mosque, then scream at & flip-off the Imam, while eating a BLT! It wouldn't be her JOB she'd be worrying about! Isn't it ironic that the folks she's insulting so casually are the very same folks who's blood gave her the right...to behave sooooo badly? I detest her behavior, but I will give my life to defend her right to do it.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    I doubt it. But I know that, if you turn out to be incorrect about this, you'll own up here. Right?
    Well I woud consider it. Only 'issue' is thankfully I have managed to isolate myself from the Liberal community so I really wouldn't know when she did appear with the Liberal trash. Let me know how it turns out.

VIP Member
    To clarify my earlier post I want to say a few things.

1st, I am a veteran and like Suntzu I'm not really liking the "thanks for your service" thing I get all the time. On the other hand I really do like getting a discount here or there on things I buy. I understand that it's hypocrisy but I'm just human and I like saving a buck now and then. I also understand that it's waaaay better than being spit on and called a baby killer.

2nd, I don't think I'd mind the "thanks for your service" so much if I felt it was really genuine. When a fellow vet says it, I appreciate it, a little. When some tree hugging, vegan, super liberal hippster says it I feel like saying a four letter word at them (but I don't). I just don't feel it's a genuine thank you. I feel like we've become "the new cause" made popular by the news media and if the media said we weren't "the new cause" anymore then we'd start getting spit on again. The whole thing just feels like a lie to me for some reason.
    msgt/ret and nedrgr21 like this.

I would like to comment on this whole ordeal but I guess I won't. I will just put her in a class of people that make me sick and leave it at that.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Miserable ***** ought to be sent to the worst part of Afghanistan on the next available transport. Dumped off and left to die.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It dosent work that way.

If she wasnt "on the clock", she was on her own time.
    I'd bet that since she was there at the Tomb, she wasnt on the clock.
    It sure as heck works that way in the military.

She was (right or wrong) associated with her employer in the aftermath of this stunt. They are a non-profit, and her stunt likely would have had an affect the bottom line. The employer has a right to fire an employee who reflects negatively on the organization. Besides, she wasn't fired; she quit. :)

Ms. Stone has the right to start her own company that reflects her beliefs.
    1 old 0311 and atctimmy like this.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

I see that the petition to have her fired has disappeared, while two for not firing her are still there, but aren't seeing much support.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links