Prayers needed !! SF Soldier loses leg in IED strike.

This is a discussion on Prayers needed !! SF Soldier loses leg in IED strike. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Recently a very close buddy of mine, an 18D SF Soldier with 7th Grp (A), lost his right leg and sustained severe burns too most ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By goldshellback
  • 1 Post By CanuckQue
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By NY27
  • 1 Post By Chaplain Scott
  • 1 Post By BigJon10125
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Prayers needed !! SF Soldier loses leg in IED strike.

Prayers needed !! SF Soldier loses leg in IED strike.

Recently a very close buddy of mine, an 18D SF Soldier with 7th Grp (A), lost his right leg and sustained severe burns too most of the other leg and stomach. While serving in the Kunar Province of Afghanistan in support of ISAF operations.

I watched him as he clawed and chewed his way through Basic, AIT, Airborne school. Then to SFAS and after being "Selected" he attended the SFQC as an 18D (SF Medic) candidate. It took him 36 months too get to the stage to walk across it and recieve his Graduation Certificate and Green Beret. I was there for the "Dawning of the beret" ceremony.

He is at Bethesda Medical and just needs your prayers. He's in great spirits, as an SF Soldier alway's is, and has a designated caregiver assigned to him by the DoD. His designated caregiver is a former SF Soldier, also an 18D (SF Medic)

God Bless our Troops and America !!

Skygod sends
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

2. Remove Ads

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Godspeed to him and his recovery!
    Skygod likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Prayers sent.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I know that there's a somewhat large area of research going on regarding cybernetic prostheses, but obviously it's not aggressive enough*. I've tried to find charities so that I could donate money to help fund this research, but those charities don't seem to exist.

*To paraphrase Dean Kamen - we should not slow down or feel like we've 'succeeded' until people without artificial limbs are jealous of the people who have artificial limbs. I strongly believe that, too. That's what our debt to those soldiers is.
    Skygod likes this.
    Mental illness incidents are used to threaten gun rights.
    The March of Dimes headed off the Universal Iron Lung coverage debate, just sayin'.
    Alternately, for those with a toolshed and ideas.

With a Heart and determination like his,the Injuries will be just a little bump in the road,Prayers sent
    Skygod likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thanks to those that posted !! He has not been fitted yet for a prosthesetic for the right leg. His surgeries are many and most have skin grafts due to the severe burns of the other leg and stomach. Just changing dressings can be a painful experience. He's being kept on the proper dosages of opiate based pain management applications, as you can imagine.

It's keeping his spirits as high as possible that is most of concern too all of us in the community that we share and love. He's already talking of going back to his ODA with 7th Special Forces Group (A) I'm sure he's going to show them that he is fit for combat on an ODA if takes him through hell and high water to get there.

Once again, thanks for the well wishes and prayers !!

Skygod sends

He sounds like an amazing individual! Thank him and God bless him. May his recovery be quick and the rest of his life be happy!
    Skygod likes this.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    skygod: Prayers uplifted for him. My old pastor's youngest son is also SF--(I forget which Group), who also lost a leg--due to direct fire. He had a long recovery, ended up with below the knee amputation. He is still on AD, and recently returned from another deployment. Last time he visited, he was out on a 15 mile ruck run (I was in 1st Group when it was first stood back up in '84-'86).
    Skygod likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Thanks Chaplain Scott !! I have no doubt this individual will succeed in his overall recovery.

I'll let him know he's being prayed for on this site as well.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone !!

Skygod sends

Prayers and thanks from me and my family for his service. Praying for a speedy recovery!
    Skygod likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Added to my DC list...
    Skygod likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links