137 Shots Fired At End of Chase - Page 2

137 Shots Fired At End of Chase

This is a discussion on 137 Shots Fired At End of Chase within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by niks Could a shotgun-like backfire from a car have caused Thursday's 25-minute police chase? | cleveland.com One Cleveland officer fired 30 to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 137 Shots Fired At End of Chase

VIP Member
    The second link stated the shooting took place in the city of East Cleveland, after the chase took the thirteen Cleveland police into another jurisdiction. The race thing isn't likely to play well, since the deceased are both black and 12 of the police are white, and the thirteenth, Hispanic.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Sure this wasn't an on the spot, surprise ...Qualification test ?

Am I am suppose to go by what LEO use and follow their training, I'll pass on that.
    Joking Proves real world it is harder than it looks on TV.
    But the Libs will have a field day with this one. Wonder how many office on the side cleaning their weapon Never fired a shot that is my story and I am sticking to it.

No shell casings were found in the car, nor any gun. And one report says that the chase was called off over the radio five minutes before the shooting. Smell that? It's the aroma of the massive settlement that CPD and the City of Cleveland will be paying to the families of the victims.

By the way, since when is "running from the police" a capital offense? It obviously wasn't wise, but we don't execute people for it.

Let's see; If they hadn't been carrying weapons they would still be alive! Oh yeah, they WEREN'T carrying weapons!

Sounds really bad, but why did they take off in the first place?
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Senior Moderator
    I do wonder why they fled and what actions they took that prompted the police to fire. I hope hat they have dashcams
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    No shell casings were found in the car, nor any gun. And one report says that the chase was called off over the radio five minutes before the shooting. Smell that? It's the aroma of the massive settlement that CPD and the City of Cleveland will be paying to the families of the victims.

By the way, since when is "running from the police" a capital offense? It obviously wasn't wise, but we don't execute people for it.
    There are still reports about the man on the grassy knoll....
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Why so few rounds fired? Run outta ammo??
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I bet the driver won't do that again!

mkh
    This stinks. That police department is going to have a huge problem on their hands.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    When asked why they fired 137 shots, the police spokesperson replied, "that's all the bullets we had!"

From what I have read the statements about the pursuit being called off are misleading. What I read said that officers from one district were told not to pursue. This is not at all unusual and is not an order to terminate they pursuit. It is simply a reminder from the command staff that there is other policing to be done and that they don't need to re-enact the pursuit scene from The Blues Brothers. Also, we have officers from multiple agencies involved. Even if the duty commander for Cleveland PD ordered all units to break it off, that does not mean he has authority over the county, state, and other municipality's units.
    From the Plain Dealer article:
    They surrounded the Malibu, and some officers were out of their cars when Russell rammed another police car, Gardner said.

Police are trained to use deadly force to stop a suspect from using a vehicle as a weapon. They opened fire.
    So 137 rounds were fired into the vehicle. We all know how marginal handguns are against auto bodies, and this was 1979 Chevy.

It may very well be a bad shoot, but not for the reasons so many might think.
    niks likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links