Air Raid On Pearl Harbor. This Is No Drill!

This is a discussion on Air Raid On Pearl Harbor. This Is No Drill! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OldVet No knock against the skills and will of today's forces, but it was also the last time our enemy was defeated. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Air Raid On Pearl Harbor. This Is No Drill!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    No knock against the skills and will of today's forces, but it was also the last time our enemy was defeated. Since then we've made truces, left, or allowed the enemy to melt away. I suppose that's what happens when the civilian command decides to play nice.

In WWII we had a purpose; The defeat and unconditional surrender of the enemy forces. Now no uniformed enemy challenges us, only those who seek to hide among "innocents," if they could be distinguished from the enemies.
    'Very salient observation. I believe that the days when nations had the honor to declare war are over.
    OldVet likes this.

2. Remove Ads

God bless every single one of them. Past, present and future.

I always make sure that Dec 7th, in my classroom, is devoted to this day. Show films, discuss details, talk about patriotism. Does not matter what else is going on. This is important and people need to remember.
    WHEC724 and The Old Anglo like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    'Very salient observation. I believe that the days when nations had the honor to declare war are over.
    If a "nation" declared war on us, no doubt we would prevail. Unfortunately we are not engaging a "nation," only unruly, uncivilized fanatics.

And now I have to go look up "salient." Dang.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

JMB
    Fortunately I was able to take a vacation to Hawaii and visit Pearl harbor and the USS Arizona. If you ever get the chance, it is worth it!

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Got up this morning gave thanks that I could fly Old Glory and it flies at half mast to remember those that gave all

When i saw this title i said whaaaat !! Dont sweat me like that again man..... Lol. This storys interesting, im laying back and keep reading.

I know of no one from wwll but ive seen documentation on cable tv. And the war it self in color, of coarse with technology today we can do that, and the movie was the actual war. It was wild, i wish they put it on again you all will love it... Eddie.

VIP Member
    The men who fought and survived were a special breed. I remember growing up, the neighbor 2 doors down was captured in the fall of the Philippines. He was also a survivor of the Bataan Death March. Every morning he would raise the flag in his yard and every evening lower it, with a recording of TAPS playing. He would not talk to anyone about what he endured. I can still remember seeing him one day without a shirt on. 20+ years after his liberation, the scars on his back were still vivid. I found out in later years, the scars were from repeated beatings with bamboo by the Japanese. I shudder thinking of what he went through. I've wished many times over the years, I had taken the time to thank him for what he endured for this country. While I can't tell him, I never fail to thank a WWII Vet when I see one now.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links