Lately LEO's have been out of control

This is a discussion on Lately LEO's have been out of control within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) - A traffic stop in Plano ended unlike any you’ve ever heard about before. It started when Hayden Carlo was pulled over for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Lately LEO's have been out of control

PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) - A traffic stop in Plano ended unlike any you’ve ever heard about before.

It started when Hayden Carlo was pulled over for an expired registration sticker.

Carlo says he’s been struggling to support his wife and two small children.

“You get paid, pay your bills, and there’s your money. It’s gone.”

He told the officer he had no excuse for the expired sticker.

“I said ‘there’s no explanation for why I haven’t done it, except I don’t have the money.’ I said ‘it was either feed my kids or get my registration done.”

The officer wrote a citation and handed it to the 25-year-old. Carlo says when he took it, he could not believe what he saw.

“I opened it up and there’s a 100 dollar bill. I broke down in my car what else could I do.”

The officer never told anyone about the $100 gift. But Carlo’s grandfather, Billy McIntire, was so moved by the kind gesture he wrote a letter to the department.

“I get emotional when we talk about this type of thing,” McIntire says. “You just don’t find that many officers who would do this type of thing.”

While other officers around the country have recently been recognized for similar acts, this officer wants to remain anonymous. His coworkers plan to honor him anyway.

“As he told me, this man needed it more than him, and it was the right thing to do,” says fellow officer and department spokesperson David Tilley.

Carlo was able to update his the registrations on his car and his wife’s car with the money. He’s now driving to a new job and providing for his growing family, after a gift from the last person he would have expected to help during tough times.

“He helped me out when I needed it and I appreciate that. I’ll never forget that man,” Carlo says. “It definitely restored my faith in God.”
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

How great is that!!
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Where's that kid with the video camera when you need him?

Ex Member
    BRAVO!

There are good ones and there are bad ones. This one, IMO, is a great human being. He gave the guy a ticket, because the guy broke the law, but he gave the guy the money to pay the ticket, because he (the cop) is a decent human being. This kind of restores a little of my faith in humanity.
    mcgyver210 and ccman like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    What a nice story....we need a lot more of that kind of compassion in today's world. Thumbs up.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Where's that kid with the video camera when you need him?
    The kid with the camera did the right thing. And if it makes other cops think about what their job really is, even better. Cant compare this awesome cop to that other but munch

VIP Member
    LEO's have hearts.

I just hope the cost of the citation was less than $100
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    How dare that officer do something like that....doesn't he realize his job is to harass people, not commit acts of kindness.

Hats off to the un-named officer.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

mkh
    <Begin sarcasm>

This can't be true. I didn't see it on the mainstream news.

<End sarcasm>

To the anonymous Plano Deputy- well done sir!

Thank you to the Deputy for this great example. This is the kind of policeman I plan to be.

(currently in an academy)
    StevePVB and Ransom like this.

Matthew 25:35-40
    King James Version (KJV)

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

God Bless you officer.

Regards,

FlaRon
    Remy, mg27, Ransom and 2 others like this.
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm here to tell you, one good apple like that can spoil the bunch!
    atctimmy, Arejay and mkh like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

That's an awesome LEO.

Re: Lately LEO's have been out of control

What a great thing to do. May this get others thinking how they can help somebody if possible to do so.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links