Two Actions Which Will Be Effective In Preventing/Minimizing Active Shooter Killers - Page 2

Two Actions Which Will Be Effective In Preventing/Minimizing Active Shooter Killers

This is a discussion on Two Actions Which Will Be Effective In Preventing/Minimizing Active Shooter Killers within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by siber Also, I thought I'd just seen an article that reported the number of households in the US that own at least ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Two Actions Which Will Be Effective In Preventing/Minimizing Active Shooter Killers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by siber View Post
    Also, I thought I'd just seen an article that reported the number of households in the US that own at least one gun has been dropping to around 32 million in 2010.
    Not saying you are wrong, but given the surge in gun sales since 2008, I find this hard to believe. Do you have a link?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    You're not gonna get much in the way of opposition on this site, but the antis scream "More guns! That's your type's answer for everything!"
    So? Their answer is always "less guns."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by siber View Post
    Has anyone ever seen any numbers on how many CHL's really carry everyday once they get their license? I'm not sure that people are really carrying their weapon after they get it.

Also, I thought I'd just seen an article that reported the number of households in the US that own at least one gun has been dropping to around 32 million in 2010.
    The fallacy in that is that they use the total of guns divided by the number of households for their numbers. In reality many homes have no guns, many have many guns. And an average doesn't mean each house has that many.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    The reality is gun owners are a minority in America.
    Yes, I have seen data that states only 42% of all households have a gun/weapon of some type. But the African-Americans have always been a minority, presently about 17 % our nations population, but have made great strides in bettering their way of life. Where would they be today if they had not supported/participated in the Freedom Rides of the 1950's, MLK marches, and their recent 1,000,000 man march on DC to name just a few.

The problem is, the majority of gun owners have never been impacted by the gun restrictions of the past. Not many of us care to own a full auto machine gun restricted by the 1934 gun ban, the 1968 law had little effect on the vast majority of gun owners, mostly the import of guns, and the 1994 ban also had little or no effect on the majority of gun owners. What am I saying, based on the little effect imposed by past gun restrictions there was no reason to "come up in arms" as many say, and the majority believe the same of this attempt to legislate an AWB and if approved some think will have little effect on gun ownership.

Wrong!!!!!!!!! The government has systematically stripped us of our 2nd Amendment rights and Obama will now place rigid restrictions on ownership of all weapons, ammo and associated gun accessories by EO. The time to organize has passed, we must now do as the minorities did, make our voices be heard as the minorities did in the past and continue to do so today. We need to be in the face of our legislators and our actions reported to the White House on a daily basis.

Will this happen? No, we will sit back and allow them to strip away another of our constitutional rights without even a whimper. The president again will illegally misuse his right to circumvent the constitution as written by EO.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

The paln

1. Ban 30 round mags
    2. ban assault weapon

Ok that did not work
    1. ban 10 round Mags
    2 ban all but single shot rifle and shot guns

Missed again
    1 take them all
    2 Problem solved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links