Two Actions Which Will Be Effective In Preventing/Minimizing Active Shooter Killers

Two Actions Which Will Be Effective In Preventing/Minimizing Active Shooter Killers

This is a discussion on Two Actions Which Will Be Effective In Preventing/Minimizing Active Shooter Killers within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 1) Eliminate gun-free zones, allowing permit holders to remain armed wherever they are. 2) Encourage full-time carry for all licensees....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Two Actions Which Will Be Effective In Preventing/Minimizing Active Shooter Killers

VIP Member

1) Eliminate gun-free zones, allowing permit holders to remain armed wherever they are.
    2) Encourage full-time carry for all licensees.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

You're not gonna get much in the way of opposition on this site, but the antis scream "More guns! That's your type's answer for everything!"
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    You're not gonna get much in the way of opposition on this site, but the antis scream "More guns! That's your type's answer for everything!"
    Eighty million of "our type" should represent a fairly powerful POV in the argument.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Hear! Hear!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

One can dream
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Hmmmmm, new ideas, I like that!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It's a sad affair that we should even have to consider this.

Yet the growing number of incidents were a person has become violent with intent to kill is rising.

Something other than gun restriction should be at least attempted. The gun "laws" seem to have no affect upon it.
    64zebra likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    There are many things that we should have already been doing but aren't because too many people just want to close their eyes really tight and pretend that they live in a fantasy land.
    64zebra likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    The answer to this is that we don't want MORE guns. I have plenty of guns, expertise and training, and would be happy to volunteer for a couple of shifts each week at a local school. I'm sure there are lots of parents who feel the same...and I'm not even a parent of a school-age child any more.

VIP Member
    yep to all

I'm also putting together a presentation for the school board here, showing my opinion as a parent and LEO
    I'd be willing to teach school staff firearms training, some tactics, and active shooter training for free on some Saturdays, I know all the swat guys that teach us would most likely do the same
    I'm tired of gun free zones being the places where people get slaughtered. I'm tired of kids being sitting ducks. I'm tired of people's firearms ignorance causing them to automatically blame guns for the problems, and have knee-jerk reactions to ban guns/mags.
    Isn't it strange that the antis & anti groups don't ask us patrol officers what our opinion is on gun ownership, bans, and what needs to be done to stop active shooter events. It wouldn't fit their agenda.
    joker1 likes this.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Eighty million of "our type" should represent a fairly powerful POV in the argument.
    The reality is gun owners are a minority in America.

Firm believers in the 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms are the minority within the minority. (Many of the responses on this forum bear that out)

I think its time that gun owners, 2nd amendment organizations/advocates, etc., need to forget their differences and ban together as one and fight the hard fight. We need to fight for what be what in the same way other minority groups in the past fought for what they were seeking. Time for us to go on offense as in sports no team ever wins on defense alone and we have been on defense for decades.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    The reality is gun owners are a minority in America.

Firm believers in the 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms are the minority within the minority. (Many of the responses on this forum bear that out)

I think its time that gun owners, 2nd amendment organizations/advocates, etc., need to forget their differences and ban together as one and fight the hard fight. We need to fight for what be what in the same way other minority groups in the past fought for what they were seeking. Time for us to go on offense as in sports no team ever wins on defense alone and we have been on defense for decades.
    Minority??? Eighty million legal gun owners who are, by definition, law-abiding voters.
    William T. Sherman

You sir, have a solid grasp on the obvious. LOL Now let's try to convince the "other side" of these irrefutable facts.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Has anyone ever seen any numbers on how many CHL's really carry everyday once they get their license? I'm not sure that people are really carrying their weapon after they get it.

Also, I thought I'd just seen an article that reported the number of households in the US that own at least one gun has been dropping to around 32 million in 2010.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I agree, but only if we can get them off their dead butts and contacting their senators and reps.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links