A sadly Thinner Blue Line in Bellaire, Texas

This is a discussion on A sadly Thinner Blue Line in Bellaire, Texas within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bellaire PD Cpl. Norman was fatally shot at the conclusion of a short vehicular pursuit mid-morning December 24th, in Houston, a short distance outside the ...

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar

Bellaire PD Cpl. Norman was fatally shot at the conclusion of a short vehicular pursuit mid-morning December 24th, in Houston, a short distance outside the city of Bellaire. A business owner who approached was then shot and killed, and the felon then engaged arriving back-up officers with gunfire. The felon is in critical condition at an ER, and expected to live.

It was a somber, stressful couple of hours as I waited to learn the downed officer's name, as I live in Bellaire, work for a neighboring PD, and know many Bellaire PD officers. While I had seen Cpl. Norman before, I was not personaly acquainted with him. Rest in peace, Brother.

Bellaire is a small city, very well-run, with a real sense of community. Bellaire is adjacent to two other small cities, West University and Southside Place, and the three are an island surrounded by the great sea of Houston.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...in-4143392.php
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; December 25th, 2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Link added...

A very sad day for family and cohorts...may Cpl Norman R.I.P.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Thanks for adding the link; I totally forgot to include a link.

Awe man what a downer on a great day right now! The kid was muslim? I can't imagine the boy lasting too long in jail. Cops don't have much respect for criminals killing other cops. Just sayin. I hope his family can find a way to cope this holiday under this tragedy! :(

VIP Member
    was very sad situation
    December is always one of the most dangerous and deadliest for LE
    126 total lost in 2012
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

RIP Brother.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Links