LEO Application

This is a discussion on LEO Application within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was wondering since there are a couple of LEOs on the board if I could get some help with a question. I am applying ...

Thread: LEO Application

LEO Application

I was wondering since there are a couple of LEOs on the board if I could get some help with a question.

I am applying for a LEO position here in GA and it is asking if I have ever had any citations in the last 7 years.

I have recieved a written warning this summer for not having a car insurance slip in Alabama (my ins. company isn't open on the weekends and they cover me for 15 days on new vehicles)

I think I may have recieved a written warning for following to closely 3 years ago, but I don't remember if I was issued a written or verbal warning.

My main concern is for 3 on campus parking tickets. These are issued by a student "checker" and not by the college PD. Do these still count as citations?

I just emailed the recruiter, but I was just looking for some insight. I expect to hear a response by Monday I hope.

blare

2. Remove Ads

Most of the time it just boils down to telling the truth. It isn't about the citations, it is whether or not you admit to getting them.

I am not LEO, but have asked similar questions to local LEO.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Senior Moderator
    Just be completley truthful about it. None of the tickets are a big deal, but dont try to hide them either. When and if they do a background check, it'll all come out...although I doubt that the campus tickets do.

We have a university here, and those university citations never show up because they arent entered on the NCIC like citations issued by police are.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I understand the being completely honest and I have no problem with it. Thanks for the help.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Those parking citations do not go on your driver's history.

Written warnings shouldn't appear on your history either.

Go get a copy of your driving record from Driver Services, and it should show any traffic citations that you have recieved.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Lead Moderator
    As said, just be truthful.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    You will find that at times as an LE officer the only asset you have is your personal credibility , ONE lie distroys that . That is the best advise i can give anyone starting into LE as a career .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Good advice given out here. Get a copy of your driving record at your DMV if you need to refresh your memory for the application. Be honest on all the questions on the application. I can assure you if the officer doing the background investigation is doing his job he will already know most of the answers to the questions. Being honest from the begining makes it easier to take the polygraph or voice stress test which is usually the last hurdle. Good luck in your new career.

DVC

Nothing too worry a'bout; just be up front and honest and everything
    will work out in your favor~!

I applied in Arizona in August and I actually forgot something (a police interaction) on my app. My background detective called me and asked what it was, and I told him to the best of my recollection, then he asked why I didn't list it, and I just flat out told the truth, I forgot. I had listed every other interaction, including just stopping to talk with LEOs, but I forgot that one.

I'm going out in December for my job offer (conditional pending physical/psychological exams).

Be honest, and try not to forget anything, but if you do and you remember it later, or they call and ask, try to remember everything about it and tell them.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    - Edmund Burke

Just be truthful, you will do fine.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Question for LEO out there. How does concealed carry affect drivers of commercial vehicles? Is cc prohibited to those drivers by the federal gov. or state? Thanks!

Main Thing

Do Not LIE On The Application~!

That is a NO-NO, as you are likely too be found out anyway.
    The hiring agency as all kind's of means at its fingertips to check
    deep into your background. So, always tell the truth, my friend.

Senior Moderator
    Question for LEO out there. How does concealed carry affect drivers of commercial vehicles? Is cc prohibited to those drivers by the federal gov. or state? Thanks!
    That is entirely dependent on the state and on the company that the driver is employed with. Lots of local truckers have permits. Now that many states are reciprocal, its not the big hassle that it used to be. If you are a driver for the state or federal government, they have their own regulations for that and I'm sure that they are pretty stringent.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links