Toxic NCOs

This is a discussion on Toxic NCOs within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wanted to hear stories about NCO's...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Toxic NCOs

Toxic NCOs

Wanted to hear stories about NCO's
    Last edited by SpencerB; January 8th, 2013 at 04:36 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Whaaaaaa, you need a towel to go with that cry or what...

Wow okay I was taught that NCOs take care of their soldiers and E5's lead by example. Some example they are giving to their soldiers...

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Not sure if serious ....
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You'll find good and bad in any group. The good NCOs lead by example, not by dictum.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    On ship, I had a BMC that started dating an female E-2, fresh out of bootcamp.

She didn't stand any watches, was first on the list for any training schools, and was able to participate in any boarding or flight ops that she wanted.

It happens.
    atctimmy likes this.

You got any idea how many guard duties the NCO's made before the made NCO. When you make NCO then it will be someone elses turn.

So you were one of those lazy NCO's I am guessing....

This isn't my unit it's a unit we are working with

I was that NCO, and Staff NCO. And if you were a whine bag, I'd send you to the PX to get a tube of Feminine ointment and mountain climb your ass till I started to sweat.

And if you were smart, you hardened up before we took a walk out in the boonies.
    Ksgunner, wmhawth, BkCo1 and 4 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    I just want to hear some stories about some horrible NCO's people have met throughout their career. Some NCO's that I know feel that because they are sergeants that they don't have to pull guard shift on our FOB with their soldiers. The platoon rolls out everyday for 12 hours and every night they have guard from 2200-0200. There are 8 soldiers pulling guard 2 per night so every 4 days they have guard shift. Their NCO's don't rotate themselves in at all. I feel this is horrible leadership and pure laziness especially when I have seen 1SG's, Chiefs and Captains pulling guard.
    Have you talked with your chaplain?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Alright guys I am in a leadership position and put myself on guard to be fair with my soldiers and set a good example.
    I show them that I am not above them & I am a soldier too.
    I am by no means complaining about working. I am putting out here how this other unit is doing it. I get that some people do it differently but, I like taking care of my soldiers and I am by no means lazy.
    I just think that these NCO's from this unit are being lazy and not setting a good example. I understand some people won't agree with that but I lead by example and work my ass off for my soldiers.

How would you handle it if you had to dig in and remain on a 50% alert status indefinitely? That's 24/7 at least 1/2 of the troops have to remain alert.

That means you and your buddy have to sleep in shifts, every night.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    I just want to hear some stories about some horrible NCO's people have met throughout their career. Some NCO's that I know feel that because they are sergeants that they don't have to pull guard shift on our FOB with their soldiers. The platoon rolls out everyday for 12 hours and every night they have guard from 2200-0200. There are 8 soldiers pulling guard 2 per night so every 4 days they have guard shift. Their NCO's don't rotate themselves in at all. I feel this is horrible leadership and pure laziness especially when I have seen 1SG's, Chiefs and Captains pulling guard.
    Well...we used to say; "If you ain't bitchin you ain't happy". Sound as if all's well in the US Army. Suck it up son. Toxic NCOs were SOP in my army.
    pittypat21 likes this.

Mission first; troops second.

What about all the staff meetings the NCO's are required to attend? Planning out the orders given them? Being responsible for every detail of every man under their charge?
    BkCo1 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links